Announcement: Hondaswap Getting New Server

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Guys, we are gong to be switiching servers within the next 2-3 days.

in doing so, the site may be down.

Also, who the fuck knows what might get lost during the transfer....

So, if you have ANY important pics in the gallery, SAVE THEM TO YOUR MACHINE NOW! I WILL NOT BE BACKING UP THE GALLERY IMAGES!!!!

Everything else, I will back up.

here's the specs on our new machine.....

Dual 2.0 GHz Xeon Processors
(2)73 GB 10K RPM Ultra 320 SCSI Drives
1200 GB Monthly Transfer
RedHat Linux 7.3
Cpanel Control Panel

yeah, going huge. :)
4x the server that we are on now. site should be stupid fast :)

Shit i was going to erase all my back up disc tonight :( , oh well it can wait :) . Cool deal. :spin:

so if someone were to start a thread with pictures now, when you go to switch things over will the pictures in that thread become un-viewable?

Just curious because I was about to post a for-sale thread, but I will wait if members won't be able to see the pics.

Thanks for making things even better than they already are :worthy:

everything is going to be transferred over...

howver due to sheer space, im not going to make a back up of all the pics in the gallery. if for some reason, i loose it- i loose it. donn't say i didn't warn you :)

Mmike- yes, im going to backup the rest of the site... don't worry :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 23 2003, 11:24 PM
Mmike- yes, im going to backup the rest of the site... don't worry :)

Good. The Gallery can die, for all I care. It's not like I don't have all my stuff on my computer anyway.

Part 1- complete.

DB is on and is currently running on the new server. Files are still on the old one, and are the next to go. Still waiting to FTP them all back to my machine here at work. The ftp is slow as shit here.

Posts between 1230-1am my be missing, only because those got posted to the old server, while we updated the new server with the DB. I turned off the board, but there were still people posting for some reason...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 25 2003, 12:13 AM
Posts between 1230-1am my be missing, only because those got posted to the old server, while we updated the new server with the DB. I turned off the board, but there were still people posting for some reason...

:p

So you lost some of my posts. :angry:

Oh well. :lol:

For some reason the board was still allowing views and posts during your update...

Back