Annual Honda Day and 1st Annual Honda-Tech Raced

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celia

Honda-Tech is proud to present:
What: 2nd Annual Honda Day and Honda-Tech Raceday
Where: Englishtown's Raceway Park
Who: You!
When: Saturday March 27th, 2004

We were very encouraged by everyones comments about the first event, so we are hoping to blow that first event out of the water in terms of attendance and enjoyment for the racers and spectators.

Where: Englishtown, NJ - Raceway Park
Address to use for directions: 230 Pension Road Englishtown, NJ 07726-8462
Time: Gates open at 9am, it stops when there is no more racing left to do

***1/4 mile bracket and heads up drag racing
***Autocross open to all Hondas and Acuras
***BFGoodrich Super Challenge for best combined Drag & Autocross car- DOT radials only!
***Classes for all drivers and states of tune

***Special Manufacturer and Honda Tuner Midway
***Lots of Trophies, Cash, and Prizes to be handed out

This is the biggest Raceway Park one make event ever. This is event of the year for Honda/Acura owners. Find out how your Honda/Acura stacks up against the best of the rest!

**********UPDATED INFO ON DRAG**********
2 Bracket Classes:
*B1 - 15.00 & Slower
*B2 - 14.99 & Quicker

2 Heads Up Classes:
*All Motor Class - All cars in All Motor must meet noise and safety regulations. Transplants, slicks, lexan, and fiberglass allowed.
*Power Adder Class - All cars in Power Adder must meet noise and safety regulations. Slicks, lexan, and fiberglass allowed.

Trophies and prizes awarded to Winner and Runner-up in each of the drag racing classes.

*All cars must be street muffled. (All cars must meet noise regulations for Saturday Street muffled racing. For more information go to Raceway Park

**********UPDATED INFO ON AUTOCROSS**********
BFGoodrich Super Challenge
The Super Challenge will consist of 3 time trials at the quarter mile dragstrip and 3 time runs at the autocross course. The combination of the two events will determine the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishers. Your score will be determined by how well you perform in each of the events. For example if you finish in first place in the drag racing portion and in third place in the autocross portion you will have a total of 4 points (2 points will be the best possible score). The competitor with the least amount of points at the end of the day will win the event. The Challenge is open to all Honda and Acura “street type vehiclesÂâ€.

Autocross:
Open to all Honda and Acura automobiles. Trophies awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.

Class 1:
Class 2: Acura NSX
Class 3: Acura Integra Type R, Honda S2000*
Class 4: Acura RSX-S, TL-S, CL-S, CL-S 6spd*, Integra GSR, Honda 03 Accord-6cyl, Prelude VTEC, Prelude SH*
Class 5: Acura Integra (non-VTEC), CL V6, TL, RSX*, Honda Civic SOHC-VTEC, Civic DOHC-VTEC*, Accord V6, 92-96 Prelude (non-VTEC)
Class 6: Acura 2.2/2.3 CL, Honda Civic Non-VTEC*, Accord 4-cyl, Prelude 83-90, HF series
*5 points automatically assessed

Modifications and Points Assesments:
Modification points are added to each car in class. If your car equals 11 points you will be bumped up one class. There is no limit – a car with high level of modifications might move up several classes.

NOTE: Jack, spare tire, trunk carpeting, and tools are free

11 thru 23 points – Up ONE Class
24 thru 36 points – Up TWO Classes
37 thru 49 points - Up THREE Classes
50 thru 75 points – Up FOUR Classes
over 76 points – Class 1

Wheels/Tires:
---All SUPER CHALLENGE Contestants must be on DOT radials!---
1. DOT – approved tires with treadwear 80 and below (5)
2. Non-DOT approved tires (8)
3. Wheels and tires extend beyond original bodywork (2)
4. Plus size wheels (Plus one, two, or three) (2)

Weight Reduction:
1. Replacement non-adjustable seat (2)
2. Gutted interior Front (3)
3. Gutted interior Rear (anything behind front seats removed) (2)
4. Lightweight hood (1)
5. Lightweight Fenders (2)
6. Lexan/Plexi glass windows (4)
7. Remove power steering (2)

Engine/Drivetrain:
1. Engine swap (11)
2. Increased displacement (not to be added to Engine Swap) (5)
3. Non-OEM forced induction (11)
4. Air intake system (2)
5. Cat back exhaust (2)
6. Header (3)
7. SFC/VTEC controller/Performance chip for NA engine (4)
8. Performance Chip/Boost controller for Turbo engine (6)
9. Programmable electronics/fuel injection system (Includes boost/fuel-timing map) (8)
10. Replacement pulleys (1)
11. Lightweight Flywheel (1)
12. Other internal engine modifications (4)
13. Ring and pinion change (2)
14. Add/modify limited slip (3)

Suspension/Brakes:
1. Performance non-adjustable shocks (2)
2. Adjustable shocks (4)
3. Performance/Lowering Springs (2)
4. Full coil-over suspension (included adjustable spring perch/spring/shock) (8)
5. Changed/Added anti-sway bars (2)
6. Camber plates/bolts/adjustable upper and/or lower arms (2)
7. Big Brake Kit (includes calipers/rotors/pads) (3)

Admission Costs:
$25.00 – Drag Racing Tech Card
$25.00 – Autocross
**$40.00 – Drag Race & Autocross

**Participating in both activities may prevent you from running in the drag racing eliminations**

Last edited by a moderator:
the same one i went to last year?

that was a joke. nothing went right at all, it was even worse when all the hondas were leaving and the mustangs were piling in.

sorry celia.

drift riot at beaverun > hondacross.

Celia - thanks for the info. Looks very interesting.

First time events never go off without a hitch - or two, three, four. I'm sure the organizers learned from their mistakes. At least let's hope so!

Chris, dont be sorry to me! I just posted this because I saw iton another site, that's all.. no need to be sorry.

Originally posted by Celia@Feb 21 2004, 08:52 AM
Chris, dont be sorry to me! I just posted this because I saw iton another site, that's all.. no need to be sorry.

ok! :D

i still think you are great, though. B)

lol... According to their autox rules, my 1200 (if it were done) would be in the same class as an NSX, despite weighing 1400 lbs with me in it, capable of 1.4Gs, and putting down 200 HP to the wheels. Christ, what's a guy gotta do to get into class 1?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 21 2004, 10:58 AM
lol... According to their autox rules, my 1200 (if it were done) would be in the same class as an NSX, despite weighing 1400 lbs with me in it, capable of 1.4Gs, and putting down 200 HP to the wheels. Christ, what's a guy gotta do to get into class 1?

no shit... my civic would be in the same class... because i removed my a/c, and i have a turbo... i didnt like their classing rules... which is why i won't be attending

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Feb 21 2004, 12:38 PM
i didnt like their classing rules... which is why i won't be attending

Which is why I lost interest in autocross. There really is no fair classification system, even by SCCA standards.

i dunno about that.... most autocrosses are somewhat fair for the novices... It sucks when you get a highly modified car and an inexperienced driver... He gets his ass handed to him...

remember... drag racing is for fast cars... Autocrossing is for fast drivers.. :) :rally: :burnout:

Autocrossing is for fast drivers..

I disagree. In autocross, "slower is faster," therefore, autocross is for slow drivers. I actually have a difficult time autocrossing my personal cars because I'm not used to their slow speed handling characteristics (sub 70 MPH). I can judge the braking zone to within a few feet at 115 MPH while coming into a 90° turn for the second time, but can't slow my mind down enough to be competative in autocross. In a bizzare twist, if you put me in someone else's car that I've never even sat in before, I *WILL* beat their best time by at least a second. Guaranteed. I'll even bet money on this. :)

Originally posted by highperboi@Mar 2 2004, 10:40 PM
i wish they would have things like this in california.

its totally not worth it to go.

Back