another b18b swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dx2ls

Hello everybody!! I'm Mark and new to the boards :D I have a few quick questions but here is my story first:

I recently purchased a B18B motor swap but it came with an automatic tranny. For $600, who's complaining. I have recently purchased a manual tranny to go along with this swap. My car now has the D15B7 with a manual tranny. My problems are finding out what I need to make this swap successful. Now here is everything that I have found out before:

I can use the P75 auto ECU and in order to get rid of the CEL, just cut out resistor RP17 on the ECU

The axles from the auto tranny will work

I know I need the rear mount,right front, left front, and the timing belt side mounts from an Integra and I can use the tranny mount from the Civic.

Now here are my questions:

Will the halfshaft that came with auto tranny work?

Can I reuse the starter that came off the auto tranny?

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated. I've tried searching b18b swaps but didnt get too much info out of it. Feel free to edit some of the stuff that I think is right. I may be wrong.

Almost positive the auto axles will not work, nor will the auto halfshaft, but that's almost positive.

Starter is a go.

For the mounts use the Integras or Civics, with the brackets for the motor and tranny.

Originally posted by bulletproofhoodies@Aug 9 2004, 10:23 AM
WHAT KIND OF CAR ARE YOU PUT THE B18
[post=374258]Quoted post[/post]​

Where am the crack? :lol: :unsure: :unsure:

anyway, d15b7's only came in Eg dx/lx cars... so anyway...

yeah, i dont think the auto axels will work. you're going to need a full manual set.

not sure on the starter either--- do autos even have the same kind of flywheel?

mounts-

gallery_5_1_1091111790.jpg

thanks for the help!! the b18b is going into a 95 Civic DX.

lol that is one picture i have seen a lot of around here on this site...the mounts picture

the b18b has a mounting plate which i guess the flywheel mounts to. i still have all of the original bolts so my guess is is that the flywheel will bolt up where the torque converter left off.

i checked on autozone and advanced auto parts(local parts shops) about the axles and it didnt ask anything about an auto or manual tranny when i looked up axles. i took it as they would work. :shrug2:

the bolts that came off the torque converter are too short to put the flywheel on. you are gonna need a set of them from a manual b18b. and on the axles they will not work. i had the same problem when i did my swap. went from an automatic swap to the manual.

Back