another B20B question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey all. I am considering either buying a b18C1 or a B20B as my swap option for my 96 EK hatch.

I live in a fairly rural area where the curvies outnumber the straight aways. However, I AM planning on a few track days here and there.

Gonna put a Blox intake manifold and 4-2-1 headers if I do B20 but want to keep it NA and stock internals for now. Prolly gonna do B16 or type r lsd trans also.

My question is, will the torque of the B20 satisfy my needs for acceleration on the twisties or will I likely long for the higher revs of the gsr motor? :huh:

thanks

thanks ahhvtec. you the man. you have answered most of my posts. so is the torque of the gsr close enough to the B20 where it's better to have the added benefit of vtec and higher revs?

I read that the B20 should only be considered if you are trying to build a vtec. I guess the torque alone isn't enough without the horeses to go with it..

the specs are b18c-128 tork 170hp usdm jdm b18c 129 tork 178hp

if your gona do more road raceing i would stick to the gsr tork is mor for drad raceing but the b20bspecs 133 tork 126 hp so the combo with a vtec head are perty mean then you will have both worlds.but on the b20 you got to buy some extra stuff to make it work like intake main and tranny

yeah the other thing is the b18c1 is prolly more reliable since Honda built it. A frankenstein motor will likely have a shorter life span I am thinking. Plus I'm not very experienced with engine building so dropping in a gsr motor should be instant fun with the least hassle.

is it woth it to change out the intake manifold and headers on the gsr motor? also do I have to run 93 octane on a b18c1 or can I get away with 89?

thanks much

i would run the 93 gas in there and you said what ive always said yea the frankistein motors are mean but thay dont last long im not a fan of them, and yea trough a header on there its well worth it

awesome, I think I know what I'm doing now. I got the order lined up for my B18C1. It's gonna come with:

OBD2 motor
lsd tranny
ecu

I've done reading but am unsure. I can get the gsr axles if need be. I need these right? Also, I still gotta get the rear mount from a 99-00 Civic SI. But planning on using my radiator from the D16Y7 setup. Should work right? Please advise. Thanks again.

Back