Another bike post

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikepie

This summer I plan on getting a street bike (gsxr 600) and I want to buy a used one because I dont want to buy a new one and lay it down which will probably happen. I was just wondering, if i bought a used one from either a dealer or ebay, how many miles are too much. Basically i dont want to buy one with a bunch of miles or something and start having to replace parts the 1st week i get it. so basically, how many miles is too many on a bike. THANKS

all depends on how hard it was ridden really

1000 hard miles could be like 20000 cruising miles...

i would stay away from anything over 10K miles

and get a honda...

I'd stay away from bikes if you're wishing lowsides upon yourself. Just get a new bike and some frame sliders and you don't have to worry about miles or crashes too much. Or just do what I did if you think you are gonna lay it down; get yourself and old school cbr for like a grand, learn how to ride, then upgrade when you think you are ready. I am looking forward to getting an rc51 or a zx10r this summer:)

oh yeah, get a honda. I got mine with like 20k, all I've done is change the spark plugs once, the oil, and put gas in it, and it runs awesome. The carbs need to be tuned but thats all. And I've ridden the crap out of mine for the last 2 years. Wheelies, girls on the back, riding the twisties, no problems whatsoever.

Back