another bike thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

so ive been back and forth between getting a bike for a long time now. more and more of my friends are getting them and now im 100% sure ill be getting one, more then likely around september.
i want something around 600 cc's, im not a fan of the huge heavy ass bikes.

my dillema is which one to get.

triumph Daytona 675
honda cbr 600rr
yamaha r6
suzuki gsxr600
kawasaki ninja zx6 r

i just cant make up my mind, right now i like the triumph or the honda based purely on looks. it will only be driven 30 miles a week at most.
soon as i get it im looking to lower and stretch it.

guess i need to read some reviews for the new 600cc bikes. i realize performance is going to be extremely close for all of them.

what do you all think?

i saw a triumph 675 last night, man... that thing is nice.

the performance of bikes now-a-days is pretty much even. You really need to test each one out to see which one feels best to you. .20 seconds isnt really much when you think about it. Get the one that rides the best to you and fits you.

ive ridden 3 of the bikes you listed...the CBR is to be desired in the power dept...it just doesnt feel like your really doin anything fun on it.

The R6 and GSXR were both super fun. The GSX scares me though...just something about it terrified me. The R6 was straight up fun. handled well, good seat, good positioning. A like it more than the YZF-600 i had, but the YZF was a good bike to learn on.

so far ive read 2 different reviews for the 06 lineup of midsize bikes and the triumph won both. only like 4k are being made so it would be a rare bike also and around the same price point as the others.
right now im about 99% sure im going with the triumph, i have 2 dealers, each within 2 hours from me and they both have some in stock.

id still like to sit on some before i make up my mind fully, but so far the triumph is way in the lead.
the lightest of all the 600 cc bikes, the only bike to come with braided steel brake lines and 4 piston calipers so the braking is the best, its also the slimmest of all of the 600cc's. both magazines also said its the best sounding motorcycle theyve ever heard. one said imagine half a porsche motor rev'd to 13k and it would sound close.
Day675_000.jpg

friggin squids.

most people on this board wants to jump into it.

btw a 600cc bike is no more heavy then a 1000cc bike.

either way you have a better then 50% chance of dropping it. even if it was a 100lb dirt bike.

Quoted post[/post]]
friggin squids.

most people on this board wants to jump into it.

btw a 600cc bike is no more heavy then a 1000cc bike.

either way you have a better then 50% chance of dropping it. even if it was a 100lb dirt bike.

:werd:

You aren't gonna notice any weight differences between a 600 and a literbike.

and if you're going to get a new bike, I'd get a Triumph. those things are fuckin' sweet, and the'yre like 3 inches wide...

1000cc bikes are way fucking heavier then 600 cc bikes.
a honda cbr 600f4i is 360 lbs
a honda cbr 600rr is 361 lbs
a honda rc51 is 439 lbs
a honda superhawk is 426 lbs

70 lbs is a huge difference when we are just talking about weight between your legs.

Quoted post[/post]]

im not even worried about dropping it, its inevitable on any bike. if/when it happens it happens.,

ive never dropped a dirtbike though, even when i was riding at 13 yrs old ;P

The bikes you picked to compare to a 600 are an RC51 and a superhawk? Dude, that's like comparing a Honda Ridgeline to a Fit...

lol yea you have to compare a 600rr to a 1000rr

1000rr - 388.0 pounds dry weight
600rr - 361.0 pounds dry weight

only 27 pounds difference, really your not going to feel the difference in weight

Quoted post[/post]]
lol yea you have to compare a 600rr to a 1000rr

1000rr - 388.0 pounds dry weight
600rr - 361.0 pounds dry weight

only 27 pounds difference, really your not going to feel the difference in weight

1000RR 388lbs dry, 170-180ish hp
600RR 361lbs dry, 115hp?

If anything the 1000RR will feel much much much lighter because of the mad power.
however it will only feel light till you hit a tree.

me no want GSR between me legs....BAD BAD BAD

Civic DX good

so i called and talked to 1 of the 2 dealers. they were only allotted 5 for this year and theyve already sold 3. 500 dollar deposit required to secure one. i wasnt planning on buying until spetember so im not sure what im gonna do. i dont wanna buy it now and leave it alone at my house for 2 weeks in august.

i may just wait and go through the other dealer if i have to.

Quoted post[/post]]
so i called and talked to 1 of the 2 dealers. they were only allotted 5 for this year and theyve already sold 3. 500 dollar deposit required to secure one. i wasnt planning on buying until spetember so im not sure what im gonna do. i dont wanna buy it now and leave it alone at my house for 2 weeks in august.

i may just wait and go through the other dealer if i have to.

If you have a house, park that bitch inside. It'll be fine...

Back