Another bunch of teens weeding themselves out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I heard at work today that the driver had cystic fibrosis, so his parents just gave him anything he wanted...like the 350Z....but he didn't have to take another kid with him to the grave.
One of my best friends has Cystic Fibrosis. His parents gave him nothing more than the other kids and he got nothing more than I did growing up. He's a better person for it and now makes a lot more money than me.

B??:ph34r:

Brian C(January 22, 2008 12:47 AM)Sorry for your loss, but Mike is right.
A) No 16-18 yr old kid should be driving a turbo car with out proof of worth and responsibility.
B) The parents probably shouldn't be the one to make that call on responsibility.

Driver's ed is a joke. K-turns and driving 30mph doesn't happen in the real world. We're teaching our kids how to park and put around. What we should be doing is teaching them how to DRIVE.
Parents, do you kids a favor- sign them up for a Skip Barber class or something of the sort where kids will not only have a blast, but learn things about the dynamics of driving, controlling understeer, oversteer, trail braking, snap, and so on.
If you can control a car, you don't hit poles and kill your friends.
Sorry for your loss, but I have no pity for stupidity. One less a$$clown on the road to kill me.

K car i drove was capable of speeds around the 110+ range, I never topped it out. I think I'm just an exception.

There's really no way to stop accidents like that from happening. But I think it would help to do this:

1. Make the driving tests much harder, where you actually have to get yourself out of the bad situations described in the books.

2. Make some age requirement like 20 to own or even drive a car with a stock 0-60 time quicker than 6 seconds, but it doesn't count for us kids that build our Hondas to do that :).

3. To own a car with a stock 0-60 faster than 6 seconds, you should also have to take a high-speed driving test because everyone with a fast car is inevitibly going to drive it hard at least one time just to feel it.

4. Double insurance rates for sports cars.

5. If you get caught violating any of these laws, license terminated, for life.

lots of effort is going into this.

some of you should go apply for jobs at your state department! lol

Hrm . .

All this discussion makes me wonder what happened to the 16 year old kid who bought my 13 second turbo S14 . . . :ph34r:

Back