Another Cell Phone Thread (Sprint Users Specifically)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I work all over the Detroit area, and I have good 4g service with Tmobile. I know they're basically AT/T now and it seems like you're trying to get away from that, but they have some pretty sweet new dual core phones available right now.

Shouldn't, but both my wife and I occasionally did. After charging every night, both our Epics would be giving battery alerts before going to bed the next day, and that was light to medium use with wifi, gps, and the 4g radio turned off. I can't imagine if all those were on.

Yeah- I run with everything turned off and it still dies before the end of the day. Aggravating.

It roots its phone else it gets the hose again. But at any rate the Evo is still good kit. My girlfriend loves her. But she won't let me root it.

I havent rooted mine. Honestly, I just haven't read into it, and no one has really explained the benefits, so I just ignorantly continue to use my "out of the box" software Evo. I haven't been unhappy, so I mever gave it much thought.

Custom roms are probably the biggest draw. Being able to under/over clock and under volt is also a huge plus for me. Plus being able to do stuff like take a screen shot has its uses. Free tethering and such as well.

At least the Evo released before HTC started locking their boot loaders. Fortunately they're going back on that decision with current phones.

Back