Another computer help thread...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

Alright here is the deal, I have a PII 450 running win 98 sitting in my closet however there is a video driver problem on it. It will start up in windows, however as soon as it gets past the Win 98 start up screen it goes straight to a monitor no signal black screen. My plan is to format the drive, and install win 2000 on it, and give it to a friend. However, before I do that I want to get all my old info off the drive. Like my papers, old school work, address book, etc. What is the best way to do this? Can I just plug the Hard Disk into my current computer set it as a slave and take the files I need off it? Please advise me as I do not remember how to do shit with win 98, that was 6 years ago. lol.
Thanks guys.

Awesome, I was hoping it would be that simple. Now if I installed XP would on the new format would it still be that simple?

Revision 1.

4: Install HDD.

5: Begin windows XP setup. Formatting will occur during preliminary setup procedure (during the "blue screen" part).

:thumbsup:

just make sure you know how to set it as a slave or you will be pulling your hair out...
happened to me before

just in case you don't know, on the HD there should be a sticker, if not then get the name and google for their website...

but you need to place the jumper(s) in the right configuration for it to work properly as a secondary...

yeah dude, just don't slave it to your mac drive

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 26 2004, 05:03 PM
yeah dude, just don't slave it to your mac drive
[post=422678]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, no man this is the old PC. The new PC has not booted in windows in litterally months. So I have to remember what to do with all this windows shit. I could run it in Virtual PC on the G5, but it would be slower than shit to do (emulating windows can suck my dick). I think I will just plug it into my current PC, and boot in XP take the shit I need, and then format it in the old PC.

Back