1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another computer help thread...

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by MaaseyRacer, Nov 26, 2004.

1. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

Alright here is the deal, I have a PII 450 running win 98 sitting in my closet however there is a video driver problem on it. It will start up in windows, however as soon as it gets past the Win 98 start up screen it goes straight to a monitor no signal black screen. My plan is to format the drive, and install win 2000 on it, and give it to a friend. However, before I do that I want to get all my old info off the drive. Like my papers, old school work, address book, etc. What is the best way to do this? Can I just plug the Hard Disk into my current computer set it as a slave and take the files I need off it? Please advise me as I do not remember how to do shit with win 98, that was 6 years ago. lol.
    Thanks guys.

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

1: Remove HDD.

2: Install HDD as slave in current machine. Remove Files.

3: Remove HDD.

4: Format HDD.

:thumbsup:

3. MaaseyRacer

Awesome, I was hoping it would be that simple. Now if I installed XP would on the new format would it still be that simple?

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Revision 1.

4: Install HDD.

5: Begin windows XP setup. Formatting will occur during preliminary setup procedure (during the "blue screen" part).

:thumbsup:

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

just make sure you know how to set it as a slave or you will be pulling your hair out...
    happened to me before

just in case you don't know, on the HD there should be a sticker, if not then get the name and google for their website...

but you need to place the jumper(s) in the right configuration for it to work properly as a secondary...

6. MaaseyRacer

Haha, thanks again bro it has been a while since I have phucked with windoze...

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah dude, just don't slave it to your mac drive

8. MaaseyRacer

Lol, no man this is the old PC. The new PC has not booted in windows in litterally months. So I have to remember what to do with all this windows shit. I could run it in Virtual PC on the G5, but it would be slower than shit to do (emulating windows can suck my dick). I think I will just plug it into my current PC, and boot in XP take the shit I need, and then format it in the old PC.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted