Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well to solve the problem of hittin rev limiter at the end of the straight a little taller tire will fix everything..

Been busy and updates slow...but you can find most of the info on www.redneckracingteam.com/Forum ...but last week I pulled my first ever sweep of the night 1st heat, 1st trophy dash and 1st main event...gonna go for it again Sat. thanks for all who are following...its only going to get better...the #44 civic now has 3 1st place main events and Hondas have won the last 4 events...

latest...I blew the lsvtec motor...well not reall blew it but lost a bearing somewhere havent looked yet...but still finished 4th with a nasty knock. So I yanked that bottom end and installed a b18c bottom end and then I missed a week of racing but had a friend drive the car for points while I was gone...never on the track or in a racecar before he took 6th in the main with no vtec...last week I won heat, won the trophy dash and took 3rd in the main...track went dryslick bad and had no bite in the corners so couldnt use the power. the gsr bottom end has a way better powerband for anyone thinking about building a dirt track car...the power doesnt come on so strong out of the corner but its explosive corner off to the next turn...So theres only 5 more races left for the season, Im 3rd in points right now with a 24 point spread from 1st to 3rd.

Also due to some unforeseen circumstances Im probably gonna quit racing for a year or so...with that said...I will posting the Crx for sale in a few weeks...$3500 race ready, or $2000 roller minus engine and trans. for another $1500 I have a 2 car trailer also. I have to finish out the season though because I need a big trophy to show for this season. Also I would like to thank HPD for their support in this endeavor...I really hope to see alot more Honda racecars plaguing race tracks across the nation. thanks for all your support too HondaSwap members...couldnt have done it without your advice and help through the build.

nice cars

man you and your friends are crazy about honda's.but that is what this forum is all about. it is nice to see. :) I am running a 93 integra that i am swapping a b18c into this winter. I race at a local dirt track. do you have any advice or info on car set up, motor, trans, reinforcements would be helpful. i keep getting bet by 2.4 cavaliers. :wtf: and it is a automatic too. you can seen me a e-mail at herbertiiij@yahoo.com and take a min and check out what we call racing here in new york state. and are rules are not that crazy.

Fulton Speedway > Home
http://www.fultonspeedway.com/Portals/0/Downloads/2010_Gladiator_Rules.pdf
thanks Herbie

hey herbie20h....thanks for checking out the build thread. I ended up 3rd in points this year...it was a fun season running the Hondas for sure. Your rules are gonna make it a little hard to compete with what ya got...but I think you can do it. first off I'd try reverse stagger on the front...shouls help with corning traction issues...unless you can change out to a manual trans with an lsd...the eg ran a lsd and he was damn near untouchable in the corners and could drive around my crx with an open diff. Im not sure how you keep the rpms up with the auto either but I was running the better part of 8500 at the end of the straights on a tuned p28 with rev at 8700-9200. adjustable struts might help a little too if you can run em...try and keep as much weight on the front left as possible...more air pressure in the right rear will help to give ya a drift effect which helped me to get through the corners faster. With all that said...with the electrical issues at the beginning of the season, and not willing to destroy the car for another spot...the crx was definitly competitive against the best built dirt track cars in our class...go out there and have fun kick the cavi's arses. I did sell the crx got the $3500 race ready...damn Im sad now..racing season is just around the corner. thanks again to everyone for the pointers and following the thread.:werd:

Back