another damn strut bar question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
ok i am going to be in the market soon for a strut bar for my 1990 Integra GS VERY soon. problem is i have looked all over the damn place for a company that makes one that will fit/is made for a 90-93 Integra with ABS, which is what i have. i tried google, NOPI and even looked on the g2ic.com site in their tips section and came up empty handed. i am damn near giving up. please help!!! and oh yeah...im looking for a name brand one and not some cheap crap. thanks!!

hmmmmmm :hmm:

i cant find shit either :(

what about the ABS is getting in the way???

could you just remove it??

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 10 2004, 09:55 AM
hmmmmmm :hmm:

i cant find shit either :(

what about the ABS is getting in the way???

could you just remove it??

yeah the ABS is getting in the way. i really dont wanna get rid of it. i could probably move it out the way somewhere?? :unsure:

to move it, your going to have to fabricate some lines becauese the existing lines are pretty stiff, so i dont think you can just push it out of the way. Also, the wiring harness for the ABS unit might limit movement. I saw get rid of ABS. Who needs it. In winter, just learn to pump your brakes.

Get rid of ABS? :slap: Now why would you do that? Indy cars have abs. If it wasnt a good option why would race cars have it? I would agree that you have to get used to it but once you do.... You will definatly get better track times.

Not to thread jack, but im also looking for a bar for my teg and have yet to find anything.

Originally posted by LudeBoy@Apr 14 2004@ 06:54 PM
Get rid of ABS? Now why would you do that? Indy cars have abs. If it wasnt a good option why would race cars have it? I would agree that you have to get used to it but once you do.... You will definatly get better track times.

because a good driver that can threshold brake well can outperform ABS on most surfaces, besides the fact that ABS takes the control away from the driver and puts it in the hands of a computer that really has no idea what situation you're in and why you're demanding so much braking power

There are some good ABS systems, but 98% of honda's systems suck. The only one even halfway worth while is on the Type R which was reprogramed for track use.

:werd: i saw tests for the WRX and with a good driver threshold braking, the ABS was only able to beat his stopping distance on dry pavement- everywhere else, the driver won-

i emailed imotorgear.com about a strut bar for the 90-93 Integra with ABS and got this reply:

SKU: SB1004 - Suspension & Brake - Sway Bars and Strut Bars - SPRINT
STRUT TOWER BARS FOR ACURA

SPRNTBAR90-93INTEGRA

Thanks!
Al
Imotorgear.com

the strut bar on their site is $82.84 and looks damn solid. here is a pic of it off their site:

26231300P004.jpg

heres the link directly to it: here

i am going to pick this up once i get some extra cash :)

and on kind of a side note, i think ima take my ABS out but not quiote sure.

Back