Another Diet Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Another thing to avoid is HFCS.

High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Insulin Spike, retain calories.

if you really want to eat clean, you have to work at it.

brown rice, chicken, salad, tuna, eggs.

eat clean oatmeal for breakfast, a couple eggs if you have time. lunch should be light. eat greens, some tuna, canned chicken breast. peanut butter and honey sandwiches help with sugar cravings.

things to stay away from: milk, soda, cheese, white bread, steamed (white) rice,

I'm fucking Filipino. Staying away from (steamed) rice is not gonna happen lol.

I'll try some whole grain rice though and see if I like it...

haha, gotta do it dude. if you want to lose weight, gotta lose the rice. switch to brown, whole grain rice if you must have it.

losing weight can't be about 1 person. the whole family has to get involved. it's like quitting smoking. you can't lose weight if the kids want mcdonalds or the wife wants pizza. it's too hard.

haha, gotta do it dude. if you want to lose weight, gotta lose the rice. switch to brown, whole grain rice if you must have it.

losing weight can't be about 1 person. the whole family has to get involved. it's like quitting smoking. you can't lose weight if the kids want mcdonalds or the wife wants pizza. it's too hard.
That's the hard part. I gotta also stick with shit that my kids and my fiancee are willing to eat. But they aren't with me for lunch since i'm at work so that part will be easy.

That's the hard part. I gotta also stick with shit that my kids and my fiancee are willing to eat. But they aren't with me for lunch since i'm at work so that part will be easy.
breakfast and lunch should be easy. microwave oatmeal or a bowl of cereal is good. then light lunch. you can have a decent dinner.

if you stay around 1500-1800 calories, you'll lose a lot of weight. and just handcuff your ass to a treadmill at night. lol

1500-1800 is so little calories.

Find out your BMR and your caloric consumption for your height and weight. Then reduce your daily caloric need by 200-300. Eat that many every day, and remember at the end of the week you want your calorie deficit to be around 1500-2100. You'll lose a lb of fat every other week, which is a lot if you're thinking pure fat.

Cut all sugar. Don't sugar anything, don't drink or eat sugary things.

Trade everything for whole grain. Noodles, bread, tortillas, etc. Avoid potatos.

Go to GNC and buy a jar of "colon cleanse". Jesus christ that stuff is violent but it will clean you out. If you haven't done it in a while, its an easy 5 pounds right off the bat.

Drink shit loads of water. Eat fruit, carrot chips, get those no fat salad spritzers and eat lots of salad. Green tea is also awesome.

Spaghetti with whole grain noodles and diced chicken breast (add all the onions, bellpeppers, etc. you want) is awesome

Stir fry (use olive oil) with brown whole grain rice. I use the wal-mart asparagus stir fry veggies in the frozen foods section, little bag, like $1.50 or something, very cheap. Add a sliced chicken breast and some soy sauce and you are in business.

Tacos. Dice the everloving shit out of chicken breast and use it instead of beef. Use pico de gallo instead of cheese and sour cream for flavor.

Tunafish sandwitches, but squeeze lime in the tuna instead of mayo. Different flavor, some love it, some hate it.

Round out your meals. Be sure to cover half your plate in veggies and have some form of whole grain bread. Whole grain bread, toasted in a toaster is pretty generic and goes well with anything. Lean meats only.

Eat yogurt or apples or something between meals and keep the meals small. It'll boost your metabolism rate if you eat lots of small meals vs a couple of big ones.

Can of slim fast for breakfast. seriously. Healthy and they now taste half decent. Well, some of the flavors. Chocolate is good, strawberry is ass. Cappucino is.. half ass half good. But it has hunger inhibiters in it, which will keep you from destroying a package of bacon or a box of donuts in the morning.

Right on man. Well done!

Veggies and chicken are cheap. So are whole grain anything.

Legit whole grain stuff is way more expensive than regular simple carb/white carb stuff.

1500-1800 is so little calories.

Find out your BMR and your caloric consumption for your height and weight. Then reduce your daily caloric need by 200-300. Eat that many every day, and remember at the end of the week you want your calorie deficit to be around 1500-2100. You'll lose a lb of fat every other week, which is a lot if you're thinking pure fat.

Unless you are juicing/bulking! I'm at 5000-6000 calories a day right now. It's a pain in the dick. I can't wait to cut again.

Anyway, weight loss is simple. Like you said, you need to operate in caloric deficit. Burn more than you eat.

Unless you are juicing/bulking! I'm at 5000-6000 calories a day right now. It's a pain in the dick. I can't wait to cut again.

Anyway, weight loss is simple. Like you said, you need to operate in caloric deficit. Burn more than you eat.

Shit, 5k a day is tough. Especially if you're doing a clean bulk. Lower fats, whole grain/oats, protein etc. How big are you? I'm 6'1 20X lbs.

Whole wheat spaghetti pasta, is where its at for you. Otherwise you'll eat eggggs for days.

Shit, 5k a day is tough. Especially if you're doing a clean bulk. Lower fats, whole grain/oats, protein etc. How big are you? I'm 6'1 20X lbs.

Whole wheat spaghetti pasta, is where its at for you. Otherwise you'll eat eggggs for days.

It is not completely clean, haha. All good carbs though, whole eggs instead of whites, quaker oatmeal instead of dry oats so some extra sugar, ground beef, chicken breasts, cheese, processed ham (usually a no), tons of tuna. The real kicker is at least a gallon of skim milk a day, which is 1,040 calories alone and quite a bit of sugar. When I cut I drink no milk and eat about 2500 calories: four meals and 1 or 2 shakes max.

I am 5'9'' and hovering around 230 right now. I feel huge but weighed down by all the food I am constantly digesting. I'm hungry as shit and eating every two hours. I love whole wheat pasta. Some people don't like it. After you eat right for a while, you begin to develop a distaste for things with added sugar or that have been over-processed.

Last edited:
It is not completely clean, haha. All good carbs though, whole eggs instead of whites, quaker oatmeal instead of dry oats so some extra sugar, ground beef, chicken breasts, cheese, processed ham (usually a no), tons of tuna. The real kicker is at least a gallon of skim milk a day, which is 1,040 calories alone and quite a bit of sugar. When I cut I drink no milk and eat about 2500 calories: four meals and 1 or 2 shakes max.

I am 5'9'' and hovering around 230 right now. I feel huge but weighed down by all the food I am constantly digesting. I'm hungry as shit and eating every two hours. I love whole wheat pasta. Some people don't like it. After you eat right for a while, you begin to develop a distaste for things with added sugar or that have been over-processed.
Word. I'm hypoglycemic. Since having a diet high in protein, if I eat a meal without it or with an overly amount of sugar, I feel it holding me down like the white man.

I also cant eat most fast food without puking it back up. My body just doesn't put up with that shit anymore. I don't even drink soda. Funny enough, Taco Hell is the only FF I can still eat with no negative effects.

The weird thing about hypoglycemia is the better the shape I'm in, the better I have to watch my diet. The faster my metabolism, the more bad food effects me. 30lbs. ago I could swear that my condition had "gone away" but I asked my nutrition professor about it at the time. We pretty much figure it out that like a Type II Diabetic, my extra weight was inhibiting the extra sugar and crap I was taking in. But I enjoy being in shape because not only do I feel/look better, but my condition pretty much forces me to eat right. Such a vicious cycle, haha.

Last edited:
Word. I'm hypoglycemic. Since having a diet high in protein, if I eat a meal without it or with an overly amount of sugar, I feel it holding me down like the white man.

I also cant eat most fast food without puking it back up. My body just doesn't put up with that shit anymore. I don't even drink soda. Funny enough, Taco Hell is the only FF I can still eat with no negative effects.

The weird thing about hypoglycemia is the better the shape I'm in, the better I have to watch my diet. The faster my metabolism, the more bad food effects me. 30lbs. ago I could swear that my condition had "gone away" but I asked my nutrition professor about it at the time. We pretty much figure it out that like a Type II Diabetic, my extra weight was inhibiting the extra sugar and crap I was taking in. But I enjoy being in shape because not only do I feel/look better, but my condition pretty much forces me to eat right. Such a vicious cycle, haha.

Don't you love forced obedience?

Back