Another exhaust question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92sihatch

I just bought a 99 SI. It is 100% stock. I have a cheap-o ebay header that I'm thinking about putting on it. I don't want it loud, so I was wondering how it would sound with a hi-flo cat and removing the resonator, but keeping the stock muffler. Any ideas? Would I just be wasting my time? Thanks!

That setup should be much quieter than a full on fart can muffler. During idle and cruising, expect the car to be slightly louder than stock. Under load, it will definitely be louder. I'm going by my experience with my DD. My daily driven Maxima has everything done but a stock muffler, and it is still quiet.

Are you wanting performance out of this setup? or sound? This setup your doing will not improve hp by much because your going creating less back pressure(little more exhaust flow) from the head out all the way up to the resonator then decreasing backpressure back to OEM at the resonator.

I'd like a little more performance, but I dont want that crappy bumblebee fart sound. I had a greddy sp2 on my hatch, which sounded great, but now some low life scum theif has it, so, I dont want to spend much money on this one.

Cheap-O header = 0 performance gain. Sorry....Don't wanna make enemies here, but IMHO....it's a waste of money. Spend more and get what you pay for (R+D) Spend less and you also get what you pay for........Less.

Cheap-O header = 0 performance gain. Sorry....Don't wanna make enemies here, but IMHO....it's a waste of money. Spend more and get what you pay for (R+D) Spend less and you also get what you pay for........Less.

Not really true these days. Chinese and other far east companies now copy the good designs developed by reputable performance companies. Basically you get the same product, sometimes close to the same workmanship, for a fraction of the price. Not really ethical IMO, but I'm as cheap as the next guy.

A good bolt-on header will be an itr copy with a 2.5" collector.

Back