Another F'ed up news story

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Right, because the officer just beat up an old woman.

From what we can tell;
He went to her door to "formally caution" someone for their lawn. This may have been a verbal or nonverbal warning.
Who has taken into account the actual chances that he knew that this particular home was that of an elderly woman, before he knocked on the door or went up to the house?
Was he just supposed to turn around because he found out it was an old woman, or even if he knew from the start that it was an old woman, despite the fact that her lawn did not meet legal ordinance? Its only okay for "some" people to break the law, when it suites your means, right?
When he asked her for her information, she refused.
He probably warns her that he can place her under arrest for refusing to give the officer her information.
She still hasn't given her information.
He attempts to detain her.
How he attempts to detain her, we do not know, and this is the meat of the situation.
She "sits down" and "turns to walk inside".
He continues his means of detaining her, which we do not know.
Somewhere in here she gets a scrape and knocked down.

Now that the officer looks like an ass, for simply doing his job, he says that he should have just gotten her information through another means.
So basically, he says sorry for doing his job, because he knows that will appease the public.

What aren't you grasping here? So far, nothing he has done was in the wrong, that we know about.

Why don't you heed your own advice and open up a law book and brush up on penal code. ;)

Yes, towns probably should, but its the officer's job to enforce the law, not make the law.

Also, these ordinances are in place for the "beauty" of the community and not to drive the value of real estate down.

My parents certainly hated when our neighbors across the street didn't take care of their yard because it reflected poorly on our neighborhood and should we have tried to sell our house, nobody would want to move in next to a bunch of slobs living in an unsightly house.

This woman is 70years old and probably couldn't do the work herself, so it probably should have been warned to her (like the officer was attempting to do) and have help offered to her (atleast in an ideal world).

yeah, i agree with you here, i was just making a statement :)

in southbridge massachusetts its illegal to back out of your driveway. its a real town ordinance on the books.

then how do you get out?

so you have to park by backing up so that you can drive forward out your driveway ?

lol thats fuckin ridiculous

Reason why i brought up the warning/caution thing is because its not like she was resisting arrest. Unless im missing something here

But she SAT down! Watch out, because when little old ladies sit down, it really means they're gonna dash and make a run for it.

:rolleyes:

man...city ordinances about your lawn that you own...thats ghey...i bought this here piece of land...i can do whatever i want...guess not...guess you dont ever really own it...they will always own it...

shit man, in california youll get fined for watering your lawn..... When i was in monterey i found it hilarious to see lawns of rocks, pebbles, wood chips, green mini-pull carpet...

But she SAT down! Watch out, because when little old ladies sit down, it really means they're gonna dash and make a run for it.

:rolleyes:

Read the article, I was paraphrasing what she had to say.

Clearly she said she tried to get away. In legal terms what does this calculate to, well it calculates to the definition of evading arrest or resisting arrest.

Back