another h22 swap help post but different car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys i am giveing up on the b18. i gettina h22 i am told it come with every thing i need to swap it in to me 94 eghatchy. but no axels!

is there a swap list around here or dose any one know what i need off the top of ther ehead or waht mods i got to do to my car to make it fit?????

any info would be greatly apricheted!!!!

and pics abaible of the same swap would help out to!!

and will my hood close wit it in there?

the stock h22 engin harness work plug in to my hatchy? thats my main concern and will the h22 ecu plugin to my car? the rest i can figure out!!!!

Your hood will close, the engine harness will plug in at the shock tower, and the ecu will plug into your stock harness by your passenger side door, so no worries there.
As for a swap list, I used about 100 different websites to do my swap that i searched using google, so just search h22 civic swap or something to that effect and you'll get a ton of good websites for help
Off the top of my head you need
mounts
prelude shifter and shifter cables
an h series resistor box for injectors

As for axles, I'm running a 90-93 accord half shaft with 90-93 integra axles.

I made my civic aftermarket intake fit (move fuel filter over), used my stock rad hoses, and my stock rad and fan (use civic slave cylinder and notch fan shroud)
I'm not sure if you have any of this stuff still or not, you may have more trouble with this since you've already swapped into your car once.

As for wiring
vtec (not sure if your b18 is vtec or not)
four wire o2 (but I think you've already got that)
EGR valve and solenoid (if you choose to run it)
IAB (if you even have the box and solenoid for it, if not I just ran my diaghram directly off a vaccuum port on the manifold. Ghetto, but it's better than not hooking them up at all IMO)

I don't have any pics of my swap unfortunately, and I don't even have a website for you because I used so many, but there's lots of info on google for this, so it won't be hard to find.

As a side note, I would seriously consider an auto to manual tensioner conversion. I didn't do this and I'm really wishing I had.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Quoted post[/post]]
Your hood will close, the engine harness will plug in at the shock tower, and the ecu will plug into your stock harness by your passenger side door, so no worries there.
As for a swap list, I used about 100 different websites to do my swap that i searched using google, so just search h22 civic swap or something to that effect and you'll get a ton of good websites for help
mounts

I made my civic aftermarket intake fit (move fuel filter over), used my stock rad hoses, and my stock rad and fan (use civic slave cylinder and notch fan shroud)
I'm not sure if you have any of this stuff still or not, you may have more trouble with this since you've already swapped into your car once.

As for wiring
IAB (if you even have the box and solenoid for it, if not I just ran my diaghram directly off a vaccuum port on the manifold. Ghetto, but it's better than not hooking them up at all IMO)

I don't have any pics of my swap unfortunately, and I don't even have a website for you because I used so many, but there's lots of info on google for this, so it won't be hard to find.

As a side note, I would seriously consider an auto to manual tensioner conversion. I didn't do this and I'm really wishing I had.

thank you it did very much help me i bought the whole swap for a eg hatchy. he said it comes with every thing but the axles!! i wont know for shure what i am missing till it arrives here. but i will pop for the auto to manual tesisnor!!!!!! but i will post more as soon as i get it. my car now is not vtec but i did a wire to pinout on a few cars befor i think i can handel it!!

you helped with what was my biggest concern the harness and the ecu thanks again!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
mounts

As for wiring

thank you it did very much help me i bought the whole swap for a eg hatchy. he said it comes with every thing but the axles!! i wont know for shure what i am missing till it arrives here. but i will pop for the auto to manual tesisnor!!!!!! but i will post more as soon as i get it. my car now is not vtec but i did a wire to pinout on a few cars befor i think i can handel it!!

you helped with what was my biggest concern the harness and the ecu thanks again!!
where did you got it from and how much?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
mounts

As for wiring

where did you got it from and how much?
i bought it forma guy on here for a good deal i rather now put up numbers

i did one last winter. its no harder than any other swap.

the only slut is the cable shift linkage, i hopw he gave you that,

i know your used to hacking shit so you should find mounting that to be easy. hahaha also once you swap this piece of junk in, you have to remove the stock tranny mount from your chassis as well.

as far as the fuel line being too short, which it will be just grab another stocker and go barb to barb fitting and extend it gangster style.

accord half shart, teg axles and hurry up and swap this in, so i can get some videos on here of me raping you hardcore from a 40 roll.

once you swap this motor in, and realize how shitty the gear ratios are in that tranny, how sloppy the cable linkage is, and how slow it really is compared to what you thought, your gonna wish like hell you just did a ls/vtec.

ricans in hartford like dem swaps yo. so youll be ok street cred yo.

gotta have that

LMAO - Hotrex I always get a good laugh out of reading your replies on the h22. I don't think there's anyone out there who hates this engine as much as you. I love mine. I've never had any problems. Good hp and tq, what's not to like? Wait, forget I asked. I can forsee a really long reply in the near future.
Anyway, now to the reason I posted.
Depending on the mounts you run, you my not have to remove the stock tranny mount from the chassis. If you run hasports you will because it uses one of the lower mounts at the front. The one that bolts up underneath the chassis. I ran avid racing mounts, so I just needed to cut that mount back a bit and drilled new holes. Use bolts in place of the tranny studs for the mount, or just cut one of the tranny studs shorter, and you'll be fine. You have to cut the chassis mount back far enough that it ends up clearing the shifter arms too. I was a little nervous about strength after I cut the chassis mount back, but it's still incredibly solid and I haven't had any problems.
Also, make sure you got the stock h22 rear tranny mount bracket. Any mount kit comes with three mounts, but not the bracket itself that bolts the tranny to the new rear mount. I didn't know this and had a hell of a time finding one, so hopefully you have that. If not, the bracket from any 92-95 MT prelude will work.

We used HCP mounts and we only had to cut a little "L" shaped piece from the transmission mount (chassis/frame side) just enough to be able to shift.
You'll be happy with an h22 in there, don't let hotrex try to persuade you into an lsv.
200hp 150+tq is always better than ~180hp ~145tq
Don't worry about understeer either, you'll be fine.
You're heading for a 13 second car, good luck with it.

Quoted post[/post]]
We used HCP mounts and we only had to cut a little "L" shaped piece from the transmission mount (chassis/frame side) just enough to be able to shift.
You'll be happy with an h22 in there, don't let hotrex try to persuade you into an lsv.

too bad those are crank hp and tq numbers. on a new motor at that. you will be doing good if you put down 165hp and 130tq to the wheels.

Mine put down 162 hp and 168 tq all motor on a chipped p28 tuned for spray before rebuild.
Wish I could find the dyno sheet to prove it though. :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

too bad those are crank hp and tq numbers. on a new motor at that. you will be doing good if you put down 165hp and 130tq to the wheels.

exactly. sub 170 whp brick of shit. that sums up the h22a experience.

we used a set of hayame mounts my buddy got for next to free, it used the lower frame mount as the front moutn location so the whole mount needed to go . ls/vtec is a far superior choice to the h22a every day of the week. especially if you are thinking of boosting a car, but ive seen franks attempts with the locals at turbo kits, so im gonna have to recommend that he stays all motor with this one.

exactly right also. your headed for a 13 second car, assuming your on at least drag radials and you can drive, so that translates into frank= 15.2 with a bag of excuses.

that money you spent on the h22a swap coulda been a hell of a turbo kit on that ls/vtec which, done by anyone excpet frank and his boys is a 275ish 300whp car that will go 12.50 all day. well at least the ones we build do..

but frank runs the ct street racing scene so im sure hell tell you whats up better than i will. that is until he fires up his new ct illegal street racing forum and gets half the state arrested. then ill be making a regional forum post about someone finding frank chopped up in a trash bag.

fuckin lamer. anyways, the h22a is a shitty swap for every car except a prelude or accord, where going b series isnt possible. HA

I don't understand some of your theories, but i do understand some of them.
As far as Frank's bag of excuses, I'll just agree, wrong driver, and you will end up with a 15-17 second h22 swapped excuse mobile.
Depending on the situation i disagree completely that an LSV is better than an h22 for anything.
You said an LSVT running 12.5 (We are talking hatchy i assume)..
I've seen the hatchy run 12.9s all day on h22+type S cams and nothing else....
So now we get into the old debate, and it's a one-sided argument with you, so i won't argue it any further.
From everything i've heard of Frank, you've hit the nail on the head, but he sold me stuff with no problems :p

/thread

its not one sided. in order for a h22a all motor anything go 12.9 that chassis has been stripped to fuck and thats on slicks.

im talking 12.5 on a set of drag radials. with open diff and no traction bars, full interior eg hatch.

b series parts are more readily available, you dont need to rape your chassis to make it work, its lighter, and the power and tq difference really isnt nearly enough to offset the extra cost and the added weight.

ive played with h22as so dont think im a vergin in that respect, i built a h22a turbo delsol last winter, and after owning 4 turbo hondas of my own and building numerous others, i will say that it was really disappointing.

Quoted post[/post]]
its not one sided. in order for a h22a all motor anything go 12.9 that chassis has been stripped to fuck and thats on slicks.

im talking 12.5 on a set of drag radials. with open diff and no traction bars, full interior eg hatch.

b series parts are more readily available, you dont need to rape your chassis to make it work, its lighter, and the power and tq difference really isnt nearly enough to offset the extra cost and the added weight.

ive played with h22as so dont think im a vergin in that respect, i built a h22a turbo delsol last winter, and after owning 4 turbo hondas of my own and building numerous others, i will say that it was really disappointing.
well quick qustion for you.
what happen to most of all thoses hondas you biuild? i here that got stolen form you for talkin shit to a whole lot of people.
o ya josh i here you talk alot about the people in hartford raceing!! i was out there last weekend i wonder who i saw???? :blink: josh? ya i think so!! did i see him atempt a race? NOPE!!!!! did i here about he smoking car ya 3 days later i here that o josh killed this josh killed that i here a bag of stories but no proof got a video of the win josh?

o ya josh you never answered my other qustion why did you buy brandons car? cant make any more bugdet hp? had to resort to a smaller car? what car was that? or a hatchy you talk so much shit about!!!

o and why do you worry about any thing i do to my car at all? i dont think it concerns you at all!!! and who said i was doing this swap at all to try to race any one? i dident!!! but when i do the swap i will race you for shure! idc if i win or lose but if and when i win you better guess it will be known and no i dont plan to keep it stock!!

i do have a good payin job to afford the hobby!!!

to thos that help answer my orignal qustion thanks!!!!! i am glad there are some helpful peopl on HS and not al like josh and talk shit all day!!!!!

i dont see what your problum is josh you are so cocky why cant you keep it to your self? i never had a problum wit you or your work!! you tried to scam chello and we dident let you what the big deal? you chipped a ecu and it dident work for benito!!! not my problum!! i guess i should have listen to the people that told me your work was no good but i seen you mannys (dales cory's ) they look like good work i give it to you you have a talent! keep up the good work but try to work on you cockyness!!! and your shit talkin!1 it not goignt o get you any where good!

grow up a bit and just act your age how old are you again? ya act it!

thanks for the help form the guys who did post helpful!!!! i got the swap here and i got all in need to do it if i run in to a problum i will ask thanks again

frank, your a dumbass. i go to hartford to chill. i dont go to race.

i did race once last friday against a 325whp evo 8 mr and i killed him from a dig. the only way youll see raced in hartford is on slicks for a good amount of money.

im switching over to a ef hatch gutted with a cage for one sole purpose, to go fast. my shit in that chassis is a half second quicker off the bat.

i have a new built head, and a bunch of other shit going on once i switch chassis and then its going to jeff evans for a quick 500whp race gas tune.

run your lip all you want frank, if you knew shit about anything youd know exactly why i was switching chassis. my 400whp in the gsr right now will own you and all your buddies but im in it to go 10s so the lighter chassis is the way to go . you talk about me not being able to make hp? you havent even built one car that has broken 200whp let alone the 400 im making right now.

you are a disgrace to the import scene. simple as that.

you wanna go for a ride in my car? i guarentee you shit your pants and stain my seat.

and frank, when you think were ready, i wont run you for less than 1000 dollars so you better start saving up in your piggy bank.

as for videos, these races are spur of the moment and i dont carry a camera with me. thats ricer.

you want proof, come to my house, ill take you for a rip and you can be the judge.

Quoted post[/post]]
frank, your a dumbass. i go to hartford to chill. i dont go to race.

i did race once last friday against a 325whp evo 8 mr and i killed him from a dig. the only way youll see raced in hartford is on slicks for a good amount of money.

im switching over to a ef hatch gutted with a cage for one sole purpose, to go fast. my shit in that chassis is a half second quicker off the bat.

i have a new built head, and a bunch of other shit going on once i switch chassis and then its going to jeff evans for a quick 500whp race gas tune.

run your lip all you want frank, if you knew shit about anything youd know exactly why i was switching chassis. my 400whp in the gsr right now will own you and all your buddies but im in it to go 10s so the lighter chassis is the way to go . you talk about me not being able to make hp? you havent even built one car that has broken 200whp let alone the 400 im making right now.

you are a disgrace to the import scene. simple as that.

you wanna go for a ride in my car? i guarentee you shit your pants and stain my seat.

and frank, when you think were ready, i wont run you for less than 1000 dollars so you better start saving up in your piggy bank.

as for videos, these races are spur of the moment and i dont carry a camera with me. thats ricer.

you want proof, come to my house, ill take you for a rip and you can be the judge.
i got 1000 in my hand now and plenty more inmy bank an di got a car on 2way that has been waitein for you ass to race czu my buddys dont make any power tho lol well lets go and hell i got a 500hp car sittin at my house all i got to do is fule up and smoke you ass!!!!!!

keep dreaming frank. where were you tonight?

you missed out on seeing me assrape a few 11 sec cars.

im ready to get spanked any time you can find a scrub who wants to try me

Back