another idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

ok heres my problem,about 6 months ago my idle controll valve crapped out on me.i replaced it with a used one from a 92 integra,my idle was jumping drastically when it went out that time, the used valve fixed my problem,solid all was good.now when i start my car every thing is fine, i drive for about 1-5 min and only when i get to a complete stop"light,stop sign,what ever"my idle instantly dropns to 500 rpm then jumps to 1.5k to 2k.then back down to 500.it get's right to the point were my motor dies then jumps up again.i checked for vacume leaks and founf nothing,i replaced the idle control valve one more time,this time the only thing available was from a 94 integra,"took some modifing but it works.it didnt fix the problem.i reset my ecu after i changed it to see if it would make any difference and again nothing,its still doing it.i dont have a cel light in my cluster because for what ever reason who ever did te swap took it out.could it be a bad tps sensor? i took it down to my buddies shop and they fiddled with it but nothing.any ways,the motor in the car is a first gen b16 in a 91 hatchback.any input is greatly appreceated,pat.

ok,i think i got the problem but it is really weird,i noticed today when i pulled up to a light that my motor was acting normal,no suring nothing. i put my face plate on for my stereo and as soon as the power cam on it started to surge.so i took it of and put it on again through out the day and im pretty sure this is the problem.i have my stereo hooked up directly to the battery because my wiring harness was prety much murderd from the previous owner,i have a yellow top optima in the back of my hatch,it should be more than enough power to handle it.also for the last few days i was blowing 40 watt fuse's left and right to my amp,wtf is going on???

Back