another ls vtec forum (gotta love em)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ontheground

I was getting ready to tap and seal the oil supply on the b16 head im building when my buddy said that there were kits that they make that say no drilling needed. I was just wondering if anybody had heard of such a thing. I guess there is some sandwich plate that lets you get oil without drilling the head but the only thing i can think of is like a half inch thick head gasket?. but thats unrealistic. does this make any sence to anybody

i used that conversion kit for my ls/vtec, takes 2 minutes to install. you got the adapter that goes onto the block where the oil filter goes and a line running from that adapter to the head (on the left of the distributor). the way that line plugs into the head is you remove a bolt that's blocking that hole and replace it with a plug they give you. and all you gotta do to the head is tap one already existing hole on the bottom of the head and block it off (they give you the tap and plug) and that's all there is to it. everything can litteraly be done on your kitchen table

It sounds kind of cheesey but i guess it works. what about wireing? i have a 91 ecu so its obd0. I would like to convert every thing over to obd1. i heard i can just run a obd1 b16 ecu and reprogram it not to look for a knock sensor? is that right?

Back