Another martial arts thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless it was a street fight, with cats throwing gang signs and teenage mutant ninja turtles jumping out of man holes with a human sized genetically altered rat with a bad gimp from nam...

... what?

Blanco said:
No doubt. I guess I'll have to conceed. Martial arts is nothing without wires, smoke, and mirrors. It's never offered anything to mankind throughout its thousands of years of existance. People never really have been able to defend themselves with it and the Shaolin Monks really did invent Kung Fu just to look really super dope in their kick ass monk robes. Mixed Martial Arts is completely different and has no roots in martial arts. After 23 years, off and on, of studying martial arts of differing styles I really don't have a clue what any of it's about and I probably couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag even if I had a machete. Oh yeah, and ninjas fly around the room cutting off heads.
Don't have a hissy fit simply because some don't believe your idealistic bullshit thats been spoon fed to you by your instructors.

Its not to say martial arts aren't beneficial, because they certainly are. Its to say that you're not indestructable simply because you're a martial artist.

You're just that white belt stuck in fifth grade. "Don't mess with me because I know karate!" As everyone laughs and pokes fun at you, because everyone outside of the circle understands what you cannot comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back