another mini-me thread, need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daveholiday

Do work
My final plan is to have a boosted mini-me. I have most of the parts for everything, the only thing I don't have is my front mount or my BOV.

Anyway, back to the topic, I haven't started doing any of the swap process yet, and I have a few questions. I have a 1990 CRX si, d16a6, and I bought a d16y8 head off a buddy. He just had the tore down and cleaned, and so now I'm putting it all back together. I'm reading different things here and there, so I figured I'd just ask my specific questons. I know that I'll be using the y8 head gasket, but as far as everything else, what all do I need to switch off my stock si to the y8 stuff? Will I need a new distributor or any of that other stuff? I assume I'll need new spark plugs too. I have a z6 ecu that I'm getting off my same friend, that is already chipped and has a basemap for my turbo, (since I also bought that off him, sheesh.) My question though, is other than ecu, headgasket, and possibly spark plugs, what will I need to convert?

Thanks for your time

Back