Another MPFI question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

in hav a crx dx...and from what iver read everything says to put the D-series harness on to my B-series for the swap and go from there...but i hav a 1988 and i just recently read sumwhere that the 1988 harness is different...what does that mean to me...do i need a different D harness...can i use my b18a1 harness on the motor and wire from there..this stupid wiring is gunna kill me!! lol sum1 help

If your car is a dx, it will probably require some additional wiring, which is what they mean by different harness. The dx uses dpfi (dual port fuel injection) which only has two injectors. I am not sure on what additional wiring you would need for a b series, but you for a d series you would have to wire in vtec and the two additional wires.

This is the website I used when i was swaping my ZC in. There are alot of pictures so that really helps. Im not sure how you would go about wiring the Vtec though. Hope this helps.

http://www.fourthgenhatch.net/

don't use that site i put on there cause i can't find it anymore. but i will write them out for you. at the ecu:

run wire from A8 to VTEC solenoid valve.
run wire from C8 to secondary O2 sensor.
remove wire at B11 (hf only).
B5 run new wire to VTEC pressure sensor and the other side to ground.
B19 run wire to knock sensor.

Back