ANOTHER new car for GF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Looking at spending around $6.5k, little less or little more is fine. Edit: She changed her mind, only wants to spend $6500, that's closer to what I wanted her to spend in the first place anyways.

Mazda3
Mazda Protege5
Civic 2001+
Mazda Protege 2001-2003
Corolla 2002+
Accord 1998+ (4 Cylinder Models)

Edit: Changed her budget. Those cars I'd put up were all well over her budget by $2-3k.

Anything that "looks" newer gen that gets at least 30 mpg.

If you have any suggestions, throw em' out there, if not thanks anyways.

I really just want her to get an EG or EK like myself but "those are just too old for her" even though then she could pay it off in like a year or less. But no luck, fucking women.

Last edited:
No I hadn't, I don't really know anything about Nissan's. They don't look like they get much higher than about 28 mpg though. At least that's what I'm seeing...

No I hadn't, I don't really know anything about Nissan's. They don't look like they get much higher than about 28 mpg though. At least that's what I'm seeing...

my dad has a 2012 altima and he gets 32mpg and its not a hybrid, my girlfriend is on her second Rogue and she is getting 28mpg, i would think a Sentra would be in the low to md 30's if driving right

Oh ok, that's acceptable mpg. They're not bad looking cars. Any idea what kind of reliability they have?

Acura RSX.. cant believe nobody has suggested one

doesn't really seem to fit the class of car he is looking at. yaris/corolla/Maza 3...

What about A Jetta?

why wouldnt it fit? they all come with basically the same standard options. its a compact car (that can be argued with the corolla), and can be had for under 9K.

why wouldnt it fit? they all come with basically the same standard options. its a compact car (that can be argued with the corolla), and can be had for under 9K.

because it's a sports car.....it's not in the same class of cars. not like comparing a camry to accord.

a nissan sentra sedan is a 4 door car but its not in the same class an Audi A6 3.0T just because they both have 4 doors

I think they're looking for a sedan? Is that a fair assumption?

base RSX is far from a sports car.. perfect car for a chick

:werd:

My Type-S is a turd until you're past 5K RPMS and then it becomes a lot of fun (it's a genuine Honda folks!), but the base model has the stupid I-VTEC and is just an econo-box. Sharp looking econo-box, but not fast in the least. The automatic base model is a perfect commuter car for chicks. They all have moon-roofs and power everything standard, and most of them even have leather...

Last edited:
My old lady has a 03 rsx base 5 speed. its actually pretty fun to drive, plenty quick for her. she gets 30-32 mpg out of it. she love it, says she is going to drive it until the wheels fall off.

I had also been looking at the RSX, but everywhere I had seen they were showing estimated mpg at under 30. Coupe or sedan, isn't important. I'm guessing an RSX would bump up her insurance significantly since she is just coming off the crash and the ticket for following too closely.

Lol @ the Supra, garbage cars.

what?? Supra and garbage in the same sentence.. blasphemy!

toss a k&n drop-in on a RSX, keep it tuned up and stay out of the throttle and it'll get 30mpg hwy easy.. 30mpg city is hard to come by w/ any car

Back