Another newbie bike crash =) at the dealer =) =)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMMFAO haha that is great.
:bo: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo:
he probably did that because of the brick streets, but its still funny.

lmao. what a tool. why the hell would you try and get on it like that while you're turning in such tight quarters?

him and his no helmet. idiot. serves him right, guess he bought it. lol.

It looked to me that the bike was new therefor it still had that coating on the tires. It takes "some people say" up to 100miles to fully break the tires in.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Apr 26 2005, 04:39 PM
It looked to me that the bike was new therefor it still had that coating on the tires. It takes "some people say" up to 100miles to fully break the tires in.
[post=491745]Quoted post[/post]​

not 100 miles on tires only takes around 10 miles to get the oils off the tires. plus if it was a new bike the mechanics that put it together have to test ride it first before the customer can even look at it & the mechanic has to do a checklist before the bike even goes on the floor.

I know for a fact 10 miles wont do it, also the mechs are not going to ride a bike hard enough to get it off and if they did I would tell them to take the bike back becuase I wouldnt touch it.

I've replaced 2 new tires in the last year and always watch for the oils to be fully removed.

I figure 20-30 miles of 50+ mph speeds will get it but once again does that remove the oil on the sides? when he leans over... ohwell

why not just clean the damn oils off the tire and not have to worry about riding it off

Originally posted by driver1@Apr 27 2005, 08:13 AM
why not just clean the damn oils off the tire and not have to worry about riding it off
[post=491939]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not just regular "oils", when the tire is in the mold there is a substance they use to be able to get the tire out easily from the mold. THAT is what causes the problem on new tires.

whatever, dude bought it trying to look tough or cool or whatever

Originally posted by jeffie7@Apr 26 2005, 08:40 PM
I know for a fact 10 miles wont do it, also the mechs are not going to ride a bike hard enough to get it off and if they did I would tell them to take the bike back becuase I wouldnt touch it.

I've replaced 2 new tires in the last year and always watch for the oils to be fully removed.

I figure 20-30 miles of 50+ mph speeds will get it but once again does that remove the oil on the sides? when he leans over... ohwell
[post=491818]Quoted post[/post]​

i used to put together new bikes out of the crate and I had to test ride every single one and when I tested them I always leaned right to left to make sure the tires had no oil left on them. plus the mechanic can only put on a max of 20 miles on the bike for it to be still be considered new.

yeah, looks like he gave it a little too much power to include the oil and brick contact. anyone watch it in slow mo, doesnt it look like the whole bike fell on his foot for a split second.... i bet that hurt (and not just his pride or pockets)...

The miss communication between his brain and wrist just earned himself a $10K doorstop.

Back