1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another noob with technical ???'s

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by redteg222, Jul 29, 2006.

1. redteg222

redteg222 Junior Member

central vermont
    Hi all, Im Josh, and I might need some help soon! I just bought a 96 Integra GS-R in February, got it out of storage in May, and spun a bearing at an autocross about a month ago. I found a lot of metal shavings in the pan, so I decided to get another motor to drop in while I rebuilt this one (if feasible) with boost in mind for the future... I was able to obtain a JDM B18C from an Integra SiR-G, I think. Some guy in Alabama had it in a 200 Civic and crashed it, and was selling it on EBAY. Well Im supposed to get it in a couple days, and might have some issues dropping it in my car. It was out of a 97 Teg SiR-G, so Im hoping it will have almost all the same sensors/components as mine dose, if not all. I fix cars for a living, so I can figure most of this out by myself, but Im hoping to find some good info on here.... okay i have writers cramp now! later!
  2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Retirement Home
    welcome to the site dude.

so long as the guy didin't change it over to obd2b parts, it should drop right in. plus, you already have a "parts" motor, so you shouldn't need anything you can't scrape off the old one.
Draft saved Draft deleted