another one is inked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just had a thought.

Do you think any Jewish people might find the barcode offensive because of the tattoos that some of them received during the Holocaust?

Quoted post[/post]]
I just had a thought.

Do you think any Jewish people might find the barcode offensive because of the tattoos that some of them received during the Holocaust?

If any 70 year olds see it an put up a fight about it, sure.

as far as i know the tattoos were definately not bar codes, but rather simple symbols
i know diffrent religious groups had diffrent symbols tattooed on them so its not just the jews that would have a problem with it, but i don't think anyone could see this as related to the holocaust

eh, i was wrong
apparently the symbols were sewn to their uniforms/prison clothes...
chart.jpg

here's a translation, very detailed in some cases ie: jew who had sex with an aryan, or aryan who had sex with a jew... wtc
http://andrejkoymasky.com/mem/holocaust/03/ho03a.html

the tattoos were numbers tattooed on the forearm / wrist area

if anyone is offended by you having a barcode on your arm then they are overly sensitive

a bar i go to use to put the stamp on your wrist, instead of the back of the hand, so that it wouldnt wash off easily if you used the bathroom or whatever... i immediately drew a connection to it and kinda chuckled about it [office space]you know the nazis had pieces of flair that they made the jews wear[/office space]... a few weeks later i was outside having a cigarette, talking with one of the bouncers and i guess a jewish kid whos grandfather was in a a concentration camp and has the tattoo, was a little offended / bothered by getting stamped there... they never even thought about it like that

anything you do in life WILL offend someone... most times their offense is not justified

i shave my head... im sure some people are offended / bothered by that... i just dont care

i shave my balls. i'm sure it offends some hippie... maybe recked's new tennant. lol

Ya, I was just thinking about that. Plus I have heard the tattoo on the wrist refered to as a "Barcode". That's prolly where I got mixed up.

I was going to get a similar one with my daughters birth day under on the bottom in between the lines. I'll still eventually get it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I just had a thought.

It's sad how unsensitive i am about things, we have a friend that is really skinny and one night we were joking around about him being in the holocaust and i told him to show his tattoo

Back