Another one of my projects.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
Not sure if there are any Jeep fans here but your bored at work anyways.

94' Cherokee (for the most part) :D

Dana 44 front axle out of a late 70's Ford truck.
Spooled 31 spline Ford 9" from the same origin.
Long arm front.
Y-linked rear setup. Leaf springs suck ass.
Auto to manual swap, because autos suck ass.
3.5-4" of lift.
31x10.50s (for now, 35s coming soon)

Pics.

600100_3880796230729_804033802_n.jpg

302366_3880798630789_568761479_n.jpg

319334_3880801430859_111753571_n.jpg

Should have some more pis and/or videos of it in action after this weekend.

Got harnesses, its more complete now than the pictures, try to get some recents today.

As far as a body goes, what you see is what you get. Its not street legal so who cares.

looks good other than the fact that there is no structural integrity at all in that cage.other than a couple minor spots..

looks good other than the fact that there is no structural integrity at all in that cage.other than a couple minor spots..

Ive built two full cages on customers trucks. One rolled wheels roof wheels 6 times with no damage to driver or cage. The other went ass over once and rolled 2 with the same results.

Mine was only 67.3% done in those pics, has since been triangulated more. I dont have a fancy phone and/or digital camera so the only pictures are the ones friends take when they are bugging me when Im trying to get shit done. :D

From today.

551639_468043073229329_439752515_n.jpg

didnt mean to talk shit.just mentioning my notices since taking these classes at my school.the "s bends" are very weak points.but i guess if theyve proven themselves.

didnt mean to talk shit.just mentioning my notices since taking these classes at my school.the "s bends" are very weak points.but i guess if theyve proven themselves.

Right, the S door bars are more for style points. Your right though if a bar has a bend in it, it its not nearly as strong as a straight bar. But we build for lateral strength. There is an X behind the drivers seat as well as a T along the dash to keep the whole thing from pushing side to side.

whats the power plant? sounds pretty aggressive.

Haha, people ask me all the time, the look on their face is pretty good when I tell them its the stock 4.0 with a Pontiac Vibe resonator. :D

Theres a dude rocking around Salem with a Cherokee with an entire tubed external frame. Really cool looking. I'll catch a pic next time it swings by Autozone.

That thing looks like fun! the first video is badass, the old 4.0 moves it good.

I would really like to build another one, something Wrangler based, I do have a few plans to change a few things over the winter time, hopefully that satisfies my urge for something better. :D

Back