Another one of my projects.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sweeten the deal ? a 302, 4 speed, a/c, spare parts ?

So whatchu wanna do ?

For me to get the truck from you, I'm gonna need to buy a trailer and shit anyway. It wouldn't be easy.

It would cost me like $1000 to get the car to you, and the truck to me.

Maybe if we met half way in that department, I could make something happen.

The mustang would be a huge downgrade, no offense.

Little update on this never-ending money pit.

A set of beadlock wheels for the 36x12.50" Super Swampers, The same ones I had in the vids I posted, ended up putting a fist sized hole in one of the sidewalls that weekend, that was wonderful.

Ive since spent nearly $2k on just the front axle. :roll:

Chromoly axle shafts, "unbreakable u-joints" they use a bronze bushing instead of the traditional needle bearings. Electric locker, (from open to fully locked with the push of a button), I cant wait to see what I can do with that as I was only open in the front before. 4.56 gears for the front and rear, it had 3.50s with the 31" tires and it was okay, but moving up to the 36s made it hard to drive in the real technical stuff. And a set of "drive slugs" they replace the manual locking hubs the older Fords had with a solid piece.

Other misc. stuff includes 2 Optima yellows, some marine grade audio, and an 8000lb winch.

Ill have my chick snap some pics of the front axle build as all the stuff goes together, as well as some more pics and video of this years wheeling seasons fun.

Last edited:
Little update on this never-ending money pit.

A set of beadlock wheels for the 36x12.50" Super Swampers, The same ones I had in the vids I posted, ended up putting a fist sized hole in one of the sidewalls that weekend, that was wonderful.

Ive since spent nearly $2k on just the front axle. :roll:

Chromoly axle shafts, "unbreakable u-joints" they use a bronze bushing instead of the traditional needle bearings. Electric locker, (from open to fully locked with the push of a button), I cant wait to see what I can do with that as I was only open in the front before. 4.56 gears for the front and rear, it had 3.50s with the 31" tires and it was okay, but moving up to the 36s made it hard to drive in the real technical stuff. And a set of "drive slugs" they replace the manual locking hubs the older Fords had with a solid piece.

Other misc. stuff includes 2 Optima yellows, some marine grade audio, and an 8000lb winch.

Ill snap some pics of my chick and the front axle build as all the stuff goes together, as well as some more pics and video of this years wheeling seasons fun.
:ph34r:

... From a Cherokee with no body ?

Have you ever OWNED a Cherokee ?!
I owned an 85 pioneer with the 2.8L v6 and an 89 with the 4.0 straight 6.

The 4.0 is a tank of an engine. Got over 300,000 miles on mine before selling it.

I love cherokees, would love to do a project like yours someday!

Couple pics of some parts and what not.

65650_10200258320773034_655133132_n.jpg

Shimming the carrier, 0.005" at a time, its pretty time consuming and tedious. Put in shim, check pattern and backlash, remove add or subtract shims re-check.

547627_10200258321373049_1993434405_n.jpg

Truss and locker installed.

553978_10200258322213070_314794220_n.jpg

Final pattern on the gears, the backlash ended up a little tight, but since we arent going highway speeds it shouldnt be an issue.

Back