another overheating prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

custompainter

drive it like U stole it
hey peps
i'm calling out for some help here
my car is over heating and i can't figure out why to save my life
i bought a new thermo today, bled the system. everything was good, took it out ran it up pretty good. next thing i know it's over heating again. i brang it back took out each spark plug and checked to see if any looked different - nothing ? they all looked good. so i tryed this trick i heard of where you take a spark plug out and turn it over and see if theres any coolant. anyway i did all four and nothing. there are no leaks it seems to be loosing a little coolant but i cant figure out from where. i'm thinking maybe head gasket. but there are no signs that it is. on my other thought i'm thinking that my turbo might be cracked, on the water jacket. somewhere in side and letting it out there. but i've never heard of that before so i'm not to sure about it.
anyone give me some help here

check your oil. see if there is coolant mixed in there.

do a pressure check on your radiator. it will check to see if there is a leak in the system to.

i have checked the oil it's good
i'll call my buddy tomarrow and see if he can to a presure test for me

i was reading a page just a minute ago and i read that the oil could drive the temp up realy high but they didn't say anything realy on it so i need to know has anyone heard of the oil causing a problem with temp and over heating

overheating

the only oil i know of causing the engine to overheat is automatic trans, when it is over full.
the pressure test will be good, if you have no visual leaks then i would suspect the turbo.

well i just got done doing a compresion check and presure check on the coolant system and guess what i i have blown head gasket LOL............. nice
anyone want to by a turbo lol
not kinding i'm selling the turbo
ihi turbo
hx manifold
down pipe
hks blow off valve
tapped oil pan all the lines (coolant and oil )
oil presure tap valve
front mount inner cooler and all the piping for it
make an offer

didn't you just install that turbo? this is why i said you should tune it, odds are if you tuned it, you would be fine.

to late now and i didnt even really drive on it most likely it was way to much presure for that top end thats all i can figure thing i dont get is last year i had that same set up on a y7 and i didn't have any of these problems till the wastegate was stuck closed and i boosted well i dont even know but it melted the pistons lol anyway i dont have any more money or time to mess with this i'm just going to save up and buy a b16 or b18 and do an all motor car i need to drive this thing to work and i cant efford to miss anymore work on the account of my car

Back