Another Plus for Humanity

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Amy and I got home today from class at 1:30 after having lunch a a local Mexican restaurant. When we came home our storm door was unlocked and the inner dorr was open. We were prerty sure someone had broken in and then we found the window in our bedroom with a hole in it standing open. The asshole took Amy's laptop, a laptop that I was installing office on for a friend (it was purchased last Sunday), my trumpet, Amy's camcorder and here 35mm camera. I am so peeved with humanity at the moment. I have spent the last 2.5 hours talking to the police, to my parents, to a glass repair shop and to the local pawnshops. Best of all the police officer showed up, to a list of what was stolen, said "I'm sorry, here is your case number" and was on his way. Fuck.

At least they didn't hurt or take our cats.

you have homeowners? i had my 1,600 dollar bike jacked from our garage about a year ago, i got a whopping 349 dollars from insurance.

that sucks man, people are lame, i know what its like to have your shit taken.

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 12 2003, 07:19 PM
you have homeowners? i had my 1,600 dollar bike jacked from our garage about a year ago, i got a whopping 349 dollars from insurance.

No insurance. I am renting the place and I do not have renters insurance. It kinda sucks. The worst part is my girlfriend is really nervous about the house now. I would be surprised if the same person hits this house again (especially now that they know we really are poor collgeg kids with very little worth stealing).

Sorry to hear that man. I know that butterfly feeling you get when you've been fucked over and there's nothing you can do about it.

If you find the asswiper that did it, run him over a few extra times for me. ;)

Man, get that shit straightened out, yo! Let me know if you need anything, I might could help out somewhat.

The violated feeling in something like that never goes away, unfortuantely. Same thing happened with my cars when they were broken into. I hated to think what would happen next to them. :(

what pisses me off is they will then take your shit and sell it for 1/10th the cost....

did the cop check for prints or look around at all?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Sep 12 2003, 04:59 PM
Amy and I got home today from class at 1:30 after having lunch a a local Mexican restaurant. When we came home our storm door was unlocked and the inner dorr was open. We were prerty sure someone had broken in and then we found the window in our bedroom with a hole in it standing open. The asshole took Amy's laptop, a laptop that I was installing office on for a friend (it was purchased last Sunday), my trumpet, Amy's camcorder and here 35mm camera. I am so peeved with humanity at the moment. I have spent the last 2.5 hours talking to the police, to my parents, to a glass repair shop and to the local pawnshops. Best of all the police officer showed up, to a list of what was stolen, said "I'm sorry, here is your case number" and was on his way. Fuck.

At least they didn't hurt or take our cats.

i hope you find and kill whoever did that to you....

I seriously hate thiefs.

I know if I catch one, I will probably pull something gay like American history X and get shipped off for good to be some bitch in a federal fuck you in the ass prison.

Seriously though, if you catch someone stealing your labtop, its not necessarily worth taking the persons life though.

ya up here you get like 15 serve 1 go to a club fed min security and work on your golf course and golf all afternoon until they parol you after 3 years

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Sep 13 2003, 02:29 AM
I seriously hate thiefs.

I know if I catch one, I will probably pull something gay like American history X and get shipped off for good to be some bitch in a federal fuck you in the ass prison.

Seriously though, if you catch someone stealing your labtop, its not necessarily worth taking the persons life though.

Do we get conjugal visits? :)

even though you don't have rental insurance, you may be able to have your landlords insurnace cover at least the damages. It is his property- not yours, his window- not yours, and so forth.

Tony?

Sorry to hear about the loss. Renters Insurance is a good idea. I don't know how it is where you live but around here renters insurance is only 100-200 a year for upto 25 grand in coverage. Well worth it, IMO. Also, if there were possesions that were your parents, etc their property owners insurance might cover it.

Eric, if you find the assholes, let me know, and Scott and I will be down there like yesterday. Tie them up in your garage, and we'll get medieval on their asses.

If the laptop was purchases last week, would it have one of those chips that can track it, liek some laptops are starting to do? Otherwise, have em dust...ask pills about this, I'm sure he can give you hints :(

Back