another post about fuel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

file-error

heres the deal, let me start by what i replaced.....fuel filter , fuel regulator, relay by the hood release, fuel pump, and put on all new crush washers

now the problem , when car is hot either from running heat or it is sitting in direct sunlight the car will not start . it starts every morning when i go to work because its 4 am when i get in the car and its not as hot.

when car is worm the fuel pump wont kick in , its not a bad fuel pump , its not getting juice , ive checked

to get it started i have to run speaker wire from positive on battery to positive on fuel pump in back of car (trust me pain in the butt). the pump kicks in and ill fill the lines till i got about 40 psi on the gauge , then ill try turning the key for it to start , bout 50/50, sometimes i got to fill lines 2 or 3 times before it starts

the car has never shut off once it is running

thankyou for your help, the book i have on my car told me the relay was by the hood release, me being the noob that i am grabed and replaced the relay that is attached to the hood release. going from your page and searching deeper on the internet i was able to find a picture of where the main relay was located. ty again
main_relay-88-91-civic.jpg

wwwwwwwwow that picture makes my head hurt, is so close up! :) yeah is an easy replace, except for the laying on your back upside down over the hump of your open car door w/tools part. though the supercool probably just reach under and do it and don't need to see what they're doing. but i never said i was supercool.

Back