Another Question For The Geeks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
Hey, most everyone here knows that all my CD's got ganked when a little bitch broke into my car a few weeks ago.

I'm re-burning alot of my collection (along with the help of lsvtec, thanks boooyyeeeeeeee), and I'm wondering what would be a good choice for CD-R's for when I go to Comp USA/Officemax/whatever today to pick up some CD's to start burning stuff for myself. I just need to be able to play them at home and in my car.

Thanks in advance.

Taiyo Yuden and nothing else.

The CDs on the market which are the best value for Taiyo Yudens right now are probably the Fujifilm CDs. I was getting them for $20 a spindle (of 50) without any rebates.

Just FYI- there are only like 5-6 CD manufacturers out there. Everyone just stamps their name on top and brands it their own. Stay the hell away from Imation and anything else that looks cheap- they typically use CMC Magnetics, Prodisc, or Ritek blanks, and those really suck.

i hate memerex...

i use philips

11213638frA.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=112136...at=516&scat=517

I just use PNY Technologies 700MB/80min CD-R's. They seem to work pretty good, even at 32x burn with no skip, scratch sounds or other crap. :lol:

its all about durability..... keeping cds, at least in my car, owns them FAST. the philips last good and resist scratches

Maxell is cheap and not too bad.

I'd go with the TDK Black cd's.

since I just put everything on MP3 cd's now, I just by what ever is cheapest. As long as they take a burn hasle free, it works for me. I re burn my entire Mp3 collection about every 2 months so they dont have to have best durability. Also, I normally keep the same cd in my mp3 player for a month or so because I have every song that I like on them and i rearly put it on so i never get sick of them

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 8 2003, 11:55 PM
:werd:
those things resist scratching very well :)

If you want scratch resistance- you have to buy Mitsui CDs. They're the only 100% in house CD manufacturer that makes them all from start to finish. Their CDs also have the substrate (reflective layer) sandwiched between equal amounts of plastic, rather laying on top like every other CD out there. When the substrate is on top (like normal CDs), it's very easy to scratch through. The Mitsuis are what I use for important data backups. I won't use anything else.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 9 2003, 12:14 PM
god, you really are a nerd! :ph34r:

:p

I research everything.

Plus, when you've burned as many CDs as I have for as long as I have, and you remember when blanks were really really expensive... you try to find the best CDs that you can. It matters when you're backing up critical data or doing the CD mastering for a new band that's trying to hit the big time.

Mitsui CDs. only US made disc
Mitsui & TY > any other disc period.

mike were you been gettin your TY's at for that price ??

Verbatum datalife have been really good to me, never worry about the top surface getting scratched they have a descent laquer coating on em.
plus I usually end up using CD labels anyway.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 9 2003, 02:01 PM
Mitsui CDs. only US made disc
Mitsui & TY > any other disc period.

mike were you been gettin your TY's at for that price ??

Verbatum datalife have been really good to me, never worry about the top surface getting scratched they have a descent laquer coating on em.
plus I usually end up using CD labels anyway.

I agree 100% on Mitsui + Taiyo Yuden >>> *.*

I buy the Fujifilm CDs- you can usually find them on sale every Sunday in one of the big stores. I never pay more than $20 for a spindle of 50. Try CompUSA, Office Depot, Best Buy- one of those stores usually has a deal on the Fujis on any given weekend, sometimes with lame-o rebates that give you the spindles for free.

:lol:

Verbatim? I'll have to give those another go if they show up cheaper than the Fujis. Who makes them? I burn too many to use labels now... Sharpies work well for me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TDK 700MB/80 min. music cd's have worked fine for me. 20 dollars for a 30 cd spindle. Are those Mitsui and TY cd's available anywhere?

Originally posted by preluderjs@May 14 2003, 02:43 AM
TDK 700MB/80 min. music cd's have worked fine for me. 20 dollars for a 30 cd spindle. Are those Mitsui and TY cd's available anywhere?

TY CDs aren't branded as "Taiyo Yuden". Well, I have seen a few here and there, but you really need to research what manufacturers buy what CDs. Go check out www.cdrlabs.com and a few other CD review sites. www.cdroutlet.com is a good place to buy from if you want Mitsuis.

Back