Another rant about the wife....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If the respect to listen to your advice is not there, then you must look for that respect elsewhere. Making demands won't do any good. There is a reason she is shrugging off your "suggestions" and even "demands". If she had respect for you then she wouldn't question, she would... what's the word... oh yeah... respect your ideas.

If that respect isn't there, then that's your problem. Its not someone elses fault that they think you're full of shit.

I've always said that.

i know your life aint that hot right now, but to mirror what a lot of people have said, you need to just love how horrible life can be some times. Im not saying i dont feel for ya clayton. Just know that things could always be worse. ALWAYS. Love the little things. You have a wife that loves (and you love...even though there is no play), you have a dog that will eat your breakfast for you if you leave it on the table, while you cant lift more than 25 lbs, you can still walk. You have to look at the good stuff.

There is a blind guy in my office (tech support job) and he is seriously one of the best techs we have on staff. The man is blind, works on a computer all day, helps people (WHO CAN SEE) get their shit working. I swear if i was in that position i dont know what id do, but i wouldnt be working here. You have to see life for the positives.

My car keeps breaking, it idles about 500 rpms too high, i have no money, im about to be kicked outa my house, my laptop battery doesnt work and i missed class the other night. Good things, The entire suspension is about to be fixed, my car runs GREAT in the high rpms, i have enough money to at least see my friends and have fun, i lived in a huge house and had a lot of fun, my laptop still works with a cord and isnt completely broken, and i became an uncle (in order of gripes).

All in all nothing is ever THAT bad. You just have to see the positive in what you do have.

Ya know we're here for ya clayton (as strange as that sounds to say).

As much as all that sucks.....

you're alive, have some good friends, and things could be a lot worse.

The perfect life doesn't exist. It's a theory in everyone's head.

No matter how much money one has, no matter how hot one's wife is, there's someone out there who wants more, doesn't have enough, and is tired of fucking it.

........... in sickness and in health.........
Exactly. I was in debt for awhile and I thought paying it off and having money would make life perfect. Literally a few days out of debt I had one of my best friends die in a car accident and last week I found out my intestines are that of a 60+ year old man. Life won't be perfect, when one problem is solved there is another waiting. I miss my friend Shaunie too death but I still have the rest of my best friends that would do anything for me. My knee, shoulder, and intestines are shit, but my liver still works. You have to see the positive otherwise life sucks. Don't talk about your bad times during the good times. The few days before my boy's wake and funeral I spent at home. Every night all the crew would get together and have a good time. Sure every shot, every beer, and every blunt was dedicated to our friend but we were all together and that's what's important. Fight through the shit, but make sure you enjoy the good times. Life like you were dying, because you never know.

Back