Another rant...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
So I went to work the other night....tuesday night. We were busy, humped aircraft all night long, and had like 3 hours of sleep the night before. I dropped by home depot to grab about $50 in conduits for my 220V install to the garage, and got home. I've spent the last 3 days digging a trench from the house to the garage, trying to stay to code at 18" down, but thanks to CT's rockbed and the huge oak trees I have, it's impossible to dig that deep in areas. Plus having a bad back means I can only scoop out so much at a time...so it took longer than expected. Anyways.... I got the materials all lined out, trench dug, wires prepped to pull thru, and my backs killing me.

But I worked all day long, with McDonalds carbs, water, and beer...and actually got the job done. I pulled the 10/3 wire for the electricity for the garage, a phone wire, and the cable for the internet and TV....thru a 1.25 PVC conduit. Buried everything and hooked up the cable so the internet will work. I'll install a curcuit breaker box later and re-wire the garage after I finish the corner and the door install I have planned...anyways...no sleep. by the time I get showered and cleaned up and to bed...it's 9:00 pm...and I have to wake up at 10:30 to get to work...

Now the wife starts her ESL classes monday...yes..she's actually going to learn English as a second language for college...and get credits for it...and she has her manitory meeting for the college thursday at 10:30 am...and she wants me to take her and help her if she has any questions. Plus I got work tonight to do, and I have a physical theripy appointment right afterwork, then head home and grab the wife and take her to her college thing. Sure, I'm tired, no sleep, working my back like crazy because I know I'll get relaxed at the doctors in the morning, and I'll make my daily money at work...

WElp...after I fell asleep at 9:00, the wife let me sleep like a baby. She knew I would be so dead tired after work that I wouldn't be able to take her to the college, so she left me to sleep and woke me up and con'ed me to take the night off. She even had my phone with her so I could call work. So tired and sore, I passed right back out and she woke me again at 2:00 am to kick me out of the bed so she can sleep...so I'm down on the couch, hungry, and pissed off that she did this....I need the money, I needed to work, and most importantly...I needed to get my back Zapped with electrodes so my muscles will stop pinching the nerves in my spine.....she was sooooo concerned about having me at her college breifing that she left me to sleep, I lose a night of work, and I'll miss my damn PT appointment...and the next appointment is not till next tuesday...so I'll be in pain and drugged up on advil all week-end. :mad:

Ohh well, but atleast I got to and did a project that I planned to do back in January...the garage will have a phone, fax, and 220 volts to power the aircompressor and welder. Plus I'll have power outlets everywhere to plug into and when I turn on something,....the lights won't dim. And I'll be working till end of the year with as much OT as I want...they asked me to come in 2 hours early a night if I want to....more later when the mad rush to get all the aircraft done before Dec.

But for over 48 hours, only 9 hours of sleep....and I'm now awake, in pain, posting at this time of the morning while chugging a few beers, pissed that I missed work and PT, and watching more vids on youtube. Ain't life grand?

/end rant....I love to rant.

i've been up all night dealing with work shit.

Be glad you aren't on call. i'll be hitting 30 hours of being awake soon... and i still have to work all day tomorow too.

only for saving the commute... everything else about it kinda sucks. No boss buying lunch, any simple question, i need to make an email, or a phone call.
evertyhing is slower because i have to vpn in to my desktop at the office to get to our servers, so i'm in a double-remote desktop (remoting to my work machine and then remoting out of that into the servers)
and the worst part--- when you do that, copy/paste doesn't work :(

god damnit, another page........... ugh

clayton... atleast you are getting shit done! i wish i could be that lucky. i will have a slew of parts coming in for the red car and NO TIME to put them on :( i have various apartment projects and etc those have been taking up my time... not to mention the domain restructure and collapse that is FINALLY ALMOST FINISHED 3 months AFTER it was supposed to be done. gotta love my idiot boss in atlanta and his slow southernness. knows nothing about our NE shuffle ;)

brian, why do you have to double-remote in? cant you remote to the servers via mstsc or use a program like dameware?

I thought you had insurance ?

I mean if your back is THIS bad, then you need worker's comp, extensive therapy and time off from work.

Get her to ESL classes. She'll ace em. Hey wait a sec... why isn't she driving herself to ESL classes ?

I do have insurance, and I have been going thru the work's workmans comp, so far they haven't done anything but PT, but the are schedualing an appointment for me to see another doctor for more tests. When I have an operation, then I'll be out of work for a while, so I got to make my weekly paycheck a little bigger so they compinsate me for what I've been making, so more OT.

And the ESL classes she's taking is right down the street from our house. she will drive herself, but the oreintation today was in Middlesex ct, and she don't know the roads there yet. And she even admitted that she wanted me to be there for her today so she did leave me to sleep so I would be fresh for her....but it's backfired on her.... sitting in those crappy fold out chairs for 2-3 hours is painful as hell...and now she owes me an afternoon long massage. lol

I meant to ask you if you ever finished the wiring for the compressor, because i never saw a post.. I told ya you could have borrowed the tiller. Would have made your life 102912039x easier.

And Chris... Long Massage w/ Happy Ending > *

I meant to ask you if you ever finished the wiring for the compressor, because i never saw a post.. I told ya you could have borrowed the tiller. Would have made your life 102912039x easier.

And Chris... Long Massage w/ Happy Ending > *

happy ending happy ending!!

with every massage, you get free eggroll!

Dude, roll your wife over and PIITB then tell her THATS for waking me up and making me move.

bah. she cant sleep with you?

Question: What circumstances would lead to you knowing this ?

Clayton has kept Chris locked in the basement for safety reasons on MORE than one occassion...

Clayton... Get your sinuses drilled. I had it done. Never slept better. I actually need to have it done again (Mine are REALLY bad).

Back