Another SiR II starter replacement thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

double0Si

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
VIP
OK. Sorry if this is the wrong forum as there are three possibilities it could fit. I've googled this and HS searched it and found a bunch of different contradicting answers. I've got a JDM SiR II B16A in my 2000 Civic Si. I previously thought my starter crapped out and got a new one. Forgetting I left the JDM flywheel on the engine I ordered a stock replacement for a 2000 Si. Now everything of course bolts/wires up but when I go to start the car the bendix does not engage the flywheel. I bench tested the starter and confirmed that the solenoid does indeed kick out the bendix and the starter does spin it just as I was hearing it do in the car. I already turned in my original starter as a core and the place isnt open to see if they still have it there.

That said, what USDM starter will work with the B16A? Ive heard 91-93 Integra, 95 AND 96 Del Sol VTEC, and also that my USDM one will work. All three look different in ways (mostly on the mounting side of things) but I have got to know if anyone knows for a fact which will work for me. I have no way to run to the parts store back and fourth and people are getting annoyed at having to take me there everyday.

:cliffs:
OBD1 SiR II in an OBD2 2000 Si.
OEM starter not reaching flywheel.
Which off the shelf USDM one will work for me?

I still havent been able to get to the parts store but after some over the phone comparisons it looks as though the 96 Del Sol VTEC starter will do the trick. Its got a longer gear section on the bendix while having the same mounting configuration. Or so he says. I should be able to get up there tomorrow to find out for sure. If that one doesnt work I'll keep the Teg starter mind.

After comparing the Si's starter to that of the Del Sol in person I found that they were the same length. The 95 Integra one did the trick. Thanks Calesta! Id rep you a hundred times if I could.

:thumbsup:

I'm glad that my rusty memory got it right! No worries about the reps... they really don't matter when you're an admin. ;)

Back