Another SOHC gone BAD! *UPDATE PICS*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Whats wrong with this pic.?
BLOWNMINI-ME.jpg

Yup! Spun Rod bearing on a D15b7 with a Z6 head! MINI-ME Turbo!
Well block had 150,xxx+ miles!!
Blew it at the tracks last nite at the ending of 3rd gear! Hit a 14.2 @ 87 mph!
I guess I'm down till I find another motor or finish my turbo B16 Build!
Aight guys! Just wanted to share my story! I'll post more pics when I pull the motor out!

Quoted post[/post]]
Blew it at the tracks last nite at the ending of 3rd gear! Hit a 14.2 @ 87 mph!
I guess I'm down till I find another motor or finish my turbo B16 Build!
Aight guys! Just wanted to share my story! I'll post more pics when I pull the motor out!

So what do you normally run.. You know.. with all of your rods where they should be?

Quoted post[/post]]
nice track time w/the 14.2 . . . .got your time slip to post up?

Reaction.... .509
60 ft.......... 2.077 (could of been better, but my first time on slicks!)
1/8 et........ 9.112 @ 78.27 mph
1/4 et........ 14.269 @ 87.06 mph

I say rod bearings gave about 3/4 of the way!
First time at tracks with the mini-me 9psi on 22x8 15 slicks!
It could boogey but I guess it had too much miles. :mrgreen:
I planning to do the same set up till I finish my b16.
Or.... maybe another D16z6 :dunno:

Quoted post[/post]]
im ganna be pulling out a d15 from my roomates civic it had a z6 head and boosted still blows 210 compression all the way accros the board been bored 20 over completly rebuilt with all new seals ...make me an offer i cant refuse and its urs
Well the thing is I dont want to ship anything! I live here in Hawaii, probably shipping a motor will cost more than the motor itself. A friend of mine got a extra block but I got to see if I can save my Z6 head :mrgreen:! THANKS THOUGH!

Well I finally pulled the motor out! It looks like rod snaped not spun bearing! :confused:

Here the Rod pierced through both sides of the block! SEE RIGHT THROUGH!
Blown3.jpg

Here's the front!
Blown1.jpg

Here's the Back
Blown2.jpg

I think the heads alright though! Oh, and I finally found another D16z6! :mrgreen:

SAME THING happened to my H23...sad thing indeed. Blew the rod (funny thing to say) and it popped right through the block.

thats the 2nd Z6 I've seen like that...with holes on both sides

same rod too

Until I build the block, I'm gonna try and stay below 10 pounds of boost when I go turbo. A ventilated crankcase is the last thing I need.

Quoted post[/post]]
Until I build the block, I'm gonna try and stay below 10 pounds of boost when I go turbo. A ventilated crankcase is the last thing I need.

I believe the block can handle more than that! I have a friend pushing 14-16psi on his y8 with the gt28 turbo! On the other hand, I guess it depends on what turbo your running :mrgreen: !

Back