Another spark plug question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

Okay after searching and reading up on NGK sprak plugs for the past hour and a half i have come to the point of slight confusion :huh: . My setup is a d15b7(stock) with a TD04L turbo at 7-8 psi. Now i wanna go either 1 or 2 steps colder....i have got the P/N ZFR6F-11(its stock gap but will regap to ~.33 or so) thats for one step colder. Now if i wanna go 2 steps colder i need to get a BKR7E? I guess after going through the P/N chart i am confused, will the BKR7E work fine on my car(thread and depth wise), are the BKR and ZFR interchangable :huh:?

Oh yea i am looking at the v-power line of plugs.

Thanks for any help! :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 7 2005, 10:12 AM
read this thread...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=510127&page=1

its probably the most info on ngk plugs out there.
[post=470207]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks, ya i read that all and still am a little confused....i understand the graph its just that, is it okay to use a "BKR" plug? Cuz it seems that's what everyone says they use.

yeah, look at the charts that are there. you will see that the thread pit and what not is the same

Thanks!! :thumbsup:
Also do i want a standard or a protected tip (ISO)? Dont really unstand the difference and which one i should get.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Mar 7 2005, 04:51 PM
ZFR6J-11 plugs are what you want to use.
[post=470375]Quoted post[/post]​

what gap do you run at?? stock .44 or .33 range

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Mar 7 2005, 06:14 PM
I can't remember exactly what I gapped them at... maybe .032 give or take a few?
[post=470399]Quoted post[/post]​

with only one step colder do you have no fowling problems with the plugs?

I don't have any problems with my spark plugs. My car runs pretty rich at part throttle and WOT too according to my plx wideband o2 sensor.

Back