1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Weird Noise

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by GSRCRXsi, Apr 27, 2003.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

ok last night when i was on my way home, i was being stupid and floored it at a stop light. i pulled 1st and 2nd all the way to 60. then i slowed down. (dont ask why i did it, i was bored i guess) anyway, after that the car felt slow. i turned my music down so i could listen. and when i would give it gas it made this sort of vibrating noise. but more like when you roll your r's when you speak. at first i thought i messed sumthing up in my tranny. but when i got home i put it in neutral and pushed the gas, and it still did it. my geuss is that its my catalytic coverter is clogged. its been broken ever since i got the car, but it never mad a difference so i didnt replacec it. any guesses/suggestion?

2. ryanwolfe911

ryanwolfe911 Senior Member

Convertor could be clogged up or you may have a simple engine miss. I suggest taking the cat off the header and reving the car up, to see if the problem goes away

3. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

hey guys, false alarm. lol, when i checked it today i actually popped the hood and one of the damn spark plug wires popped off the distributor. must've came off from all the damn vibration in my car.lol. thanks guys.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted