Another "What do you think of my setup"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HackeN

Just another one of those turbo noobs that has been reading up on information everywhere for the past whatever weeks.

I plan on running this setup on a D16Z6 Del Sol. Not shooting for dreams like some that are like "400 whp everyday driver".
Taking my older higher milage motor out of the del sol and putting it in another car for daily/work car and a lower mileage motor in with the turbo setup which is basically going to be like the weekend and whenever I feel like it car.
I'm thinking of trying to go for 200-250 hp at if possible mid 13s? Wondering around maybe 7 psi daily driven until full tune then around 10-13 psi?

Before anyone asks, I will be running on mildly built bottom end (Rods/Pistons/Rings/Bearings etc). I will be datalogging and tuning VIA crome. I havent decided on the pistons/rods etc yet, or some other things like which wideband, boostcontroller, etc. Still looking into injectors and alot of things like that too.

Heres what I was thinking for the turbo part of my setup.
Turbo
Garrett T3
Compressor Housing 0.60 A/R
Turbine Housing 0.63 A/R (4 Bolt)

Intercooler
Core Size: 20"x9"x2.5" (28" End to End Length)

Wastegate
Tial

Blowoff Valve
Super Sequential Blow-off Valve (SSQV)

Exhaust Manifold
OBX

Wideband 02 (Not decided yet).

I really have just gotten into all this and I don't plan to do it until about March/April. I have alot of time to make other decisions/feedback etc.

What do you all think so far?
Right track as far as my goals HP wise track times with my setup as far as the turbo side, and the bottom end?
Right idea as far as going with crome, wideband etc, not messing with fmu at all?
Turbo too big, or just right?

Any response appreciated, feel free to ask about components I missed to even mention that I'm going to do or should think about.

Also what do you all think of the OBX manifold?

yeah, with that you should be close to 220 (close, im not POSITIVE) at about 7-8 psi.

the only thing i dont like is the OBX manifold. ive got this thing about OBX being the rice of the engine compartment (Just like APC is the rice of the cosmetic area)

hhk ss bov's leak. i'd recommend something else. Tial gets my pick.
obx/ssautochrome manis suck ass. you can get a better one for nearly the same price from josh.. http://www.cc-fab.net

wideband - lm-1 hands down.

other than that, it sounds good.
440-450 injecotrs will top it off.

yup yup...tuning is your friend :)

For you wideband go with the LC-1 and then run uberdata, This way you save over 200 on the wideband and can still data log with uber. Contact www.zenocron.com they sell fullpackage for like 500 everything you need for tuning.

thanks for the replies.

now Im just curious with another thing for what you all suggested.

The one kit on xenocron includes "Moates Ostrich Eprom Emulator". Now I read the description etc. just trying to figure out what exactlly its function is. I'm assuming it emulates a eprom by basically plugging in where the eprom goes and data is in the unit itself.
Also in the description it mentions you can upload a new binary while the car is running, so I'm assuming we can do edits with our maps etc. and then upload them to the emulator while the car is running, and will it then go off the new data instantly?
If so then I would'nt need the RTP kit that I was looking at earlier if it works how I think :eek:
Maybe I'll be partially right!

Also was wondering if the Innovate LM-1 Wideband that it comes with includes a wideband A/F gauge. I ASSUME it does cause it says kit :p

Me and my brother will be running a similar setup, he will be running on a stock LS at low boost for a bit.

Thanks much :) Learned alot from reading through alot of info here, and a bunch of great links forum users has posted. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions :)

I'll be sure to let you all know how everything goes when we go to doing the whole process, probally about 2 months :x We will bring ya some good pictures of the process and some vids of the final product.

better to ask questions then blow your shit up. That is exactly how ostrich works. you can check your AFR through your laptop using the wideband, datalogging, and uberdata (or crome pro...if you want to pay for it).

Someone who actually bought the kit will have to tell you if it comes with a guage.

Back