1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another workout thread

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by corvetteguy78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

The wifey and I decided it's about that time to start working out again. She wanted to build a home gym so...I present..

The Powertec WorkBench Leverage 2011...Got it yesterday Cl for $500 bucks and it came with 425LBS of Olympic Weights. The machine is in mint condition. It's the bet peice of home gym equipment i have ever seen as far as quality of construction.

The matting is Golds Gym 1/2 inch thick puzzle matt. I need more of it obviously to cover the floor.

We also have a bunch of dumbells, kettle bells, curling bar and misc weights.

She also has a $1000 Cannondale street bike that she has a stationary stand for to get some cardio in.

Obviously it's going to take some hard work and motivation but i plan on starting today, back to a basic work out routine of a total body work out 3 days a week for 4 weeks and then get into a more isolated daily routine of different muscle groups

My wife starting using it this morning at 6:30am

Hopefully it does't turn into a clothes rack and collect dust

[​IMG]

2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I woke up to my TV blaring a Chuck Norris Total Gym infomercial. I have always wanted to try one out, haha.

3. corvetteguy78

i had a total gym for about 4 years and thats how i got in shape. It's actually a very effective machine and i got pretty built with it. I think i had a posting on here of what i looked like when i was in shape and that was all done with the Total Gym and propper eating habbits and diet. I wasn't Mr. Ripped beach body abs sticking out of my skin skin but certainly had decent size arms and chest and not much belly fat.

Contiplated buying another one but the new ones are almost $1000 for the good ones.

found the picture..thats 100% total gym work out

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  4. SlushboxTeggy

Looks like I could pick on up on CL for ~$100. May just have to give it a shot. Do they actually fit under the bed? I have zero room to keep it set up all the time.

5. corvetteguy78

yeah mine did..i also got it of CL i believe at the time fo rlike $250.. but like i said it was a very basic unit. not the top of the line ones like to Xl3000 or whatever have these days. My only complaint is it didn't really do a good job with legs.

6. SlushboxTeggy

Sounds good to me. I'm not worried about legs. I can always run, or do some body weight exercises if I feel they aren't where I want them.

7. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Lol another leg less guy.

My wife and I still use our home gym 4+ times a week each. Love it so much.

I have a full ironmaster setup.

8. corvetteguy78

yeah you need to do you legs lol...

i actually started this routine called the 60 +30 ..today will be day 4 but i switched up the body part days.

9. SlushboxTeggy

Clearly neither of you have met me. I'll never not have legs. They're damn tree trunks. I actually wish they were smaller. I can only wear like 2 brands of jeans/pants.

I was squatting over 500lbs. in high school. Multiple times in the gym I'll put over 300lbs on the rack and deep squat it, just to see if I still could. Generally, I'll just work the legs during cardio. Treadmill, bike, jump rope, etc. I just like to keep them toned.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I was admiring a guy that came into the store last week, (no homo) he had a great back spread and bicep peaks. Clearly he was doing something right. When they got and started to walk out, I noticed his legs. I had to turn away because I couldn't hold a straight face.

[​IMG]

I've also been blessed with legit legs that have killer calves, I still do a leg day, I tend to do more raps on leg day than any other day. Seems to help with mountain biking 10+ miles on the weekend.

11. SlushboxTeggy

I love those pics. I laugh every time.

12. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

13. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

There's an incredibly top heavy dude that works out at my school's gym. I'll have to see if I can get a pic of him, he's worse than either of those pictures - it's that pathetic.

I do 2 leg days per week and I have fairly large legs naturally.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted