Another workout thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
The wifey and I decided it's about that time to start working out again. She wanted to build a home gym so...I present..

The Powertec WorkBench Leverage 2011...Got it yesterday Cl for $500 bucks and it came with 425LBS of Olympic Weights. The machine is in mint condition. It's the bet peice of home gym equipment i have ever seen as far as quality of construction.

The matting is Golds Gym 1/2 inch thick puzzle matt. I need more of it obviously to cover the floor.

We also have a bunch of dumbells, kettle bells, curling bar and misc weights.

She also has a $1000 Cannondale street bike that she has a stationary stand for to get some cardio in.

Obviously it's going to take some hard work and motivation but i plan on starting today, back to a basic work out routine of a total body work out 3 days a week for 4 weeks and then get into a more isolated daily routine of different muscle groups

My wife starting using it this morning at 6:30am

Hopefully it does't turn into a clothes rack and collect dust

3300.jpg

I woke up to my TV blaring a Chuck Norris Total Gym infomercial. I have always wanted to try one out, haha.

I woke up to my TV blaring a Chuck Norris Total Gym infomercial. I have always wanted to try one out, haha.

i had a total gym for about 4 years and thats how i got in shape. It's actually a very effective machine and i got pretty built with it. I think i had a posting on here of what i looked like when i was in shape and that was all done with the Total Gym and propper eating habbits and diet. I wasn't Mr. Ripped beach body abs sticking out of my skin skin but certainly had decent size arms and chest and not much belly fat.

Contiplated buying another one but the new ones are almost $1000 for the good ones.

found the picture..thats 100% total gym work out

scott1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I could pick on up on CL for ~$100. May just have to give it a shot. Do they actually fit under the bed? I have zero room to keep it set up all the time.

Looks like I could pick on up on CL for ~$100. May just have to give it a shot. Do they actually fit under the bed? I have zero room to keep it set up all the time.

yeah mine did..i also got it of CL i believe at the time fo rlike $250.. but like i said it was a very basic unit. not the top of the line ones like to Xl3000 or whatever have these days. My only complaint is it didn't really do a good job with legs.

yeah mine did..i also got it of CL i believe at the time fo rlike $250.. but like i said it was a very basic unit. not the top of the line ones like to Xl3000 or whatever have these days. My only complaint is it didn't really do a good job with legs.
Sounds good to me. I'm not worried about legs. I can always run, or do some body weight exercises if I feel they aren't where I want them.

Lol another leg less guy.

My wife and I still use our home gym 4+ times a week each. Love it so much.

I have a full ironmaster setup.

My wife and I still use our home gym 4+ times a week each. Love it so much.

I have a full ironmaster setup.

yeah you need to do you legs lol...

i actually started this routine called the 60 +30 ..today will be day 4 but i switched up the body part days.

Are you looking to create your best physique ever? If you’re reading this chances are pretty good that your answer is a resounding YES! The good news is that you have come to the right place. The bad news is that it doesn’t happen overnight and it won’t be easy. But then again, anything worth accomplishing never is. Over the years I imagine you have read a slew of workouts and most likely tried a multitude of them. Changing up your workouts on occasion when you feel you have reached a plateau is a good way to bust through and reach new heights. That’s what this workout is all about.

In the majority of workouts you are focusing on a certain number of reps and sets. That’s a fine way to workout. As a matter of fact, the majority of my personal workouts are based on certain rep ranges. But, on occasion I like to focus on “The Clock.†You may be asking, “What does that mean?†I’m eluding to the old concept of “TUT†AKA: “Time Under Tension†combined with “Intensity.†As a review, TUT means the Time Your Muscle is Under Tension during any given set. When I say INTENSITY, I’m talking about moving from set to set without wasted time. You will quickly see that you find yourself working harder and more intensely through the entire workout and during every set when you do this.

So, where does the “Ripped in 60 + 30†come into play? Well, as mentioned before we are combining TUT with INTENSITY and the 60 + 30 are the time periods for each respectively. In other words, you will be cranking out reps for 60 seconds at a time followed by 30 seconds of rest before the next set and so on and so forth. The goal for this “Ripped in 60 + 30†workout is a 2:1 Work to Rest ratio. This is opposite of the Work to Rest ratio of many workouts which are typically more in the range of 1:2-1:5 featuring more Rest than Work.

Be aware that when you start a workout such as this you will be forced to use less weight than you would typically use. This is a result of the temporary muscle fatigue that happens. We are essentially forcing the body to utilize different energy systems that don’t put out the same kind of power as those that readily recharge and available when you take longer rest periods. Don’t let this bum you out! Be aware that at this point you are challenging your body in a slightly different way that will lead to dramatic new results.

Your muscle pump and ensuing workout when hitting the Ripped in 60 + 30 is going to be ridiculous. You will probably notice an increase in appetite. This is telling you that your metabolism is increasing. You will also probably notice an increase in post workout muscle soreness. This too is telling you that your workout has challenged you in a new way. To top it off you will notice you will be breathing much heavier than usual during your session. This is the result of the additional work your cardiovascular system is facing in the workout. All of these are good things and will help you get closer and closer to your target body.

You’re probably wondering how long these workouts are and what they look like? Let’s address question number one first. For every exercise you will perform FOUR SETS. That means each exercise is FOUR MINUTES of TUT and a total of TWO MINUTES REST totaling SIX MINUTES TOTAL PER EXERCISE. In any given workout we will hit FIVE EXERCISES. The resulting total time is THIRTY MINUTES PER WORKOUT. You may be thinking, “Thirty minutes isn’t long enough.†Well I have some news for you…if you stick to “The Clock†strictly you will be amazed at the workout you get in just 30 minutes! You will get a thorough Weight Training AND Cardiovascular workout in. I should say that this workout is not about developing your peak strength. This workout is about getting YOU Ripped!

ProNOTE: You can use this training concept with any piece of POWERTEC training equipment.

Now that you know what the program is about and understand it’ basic concept, let’s take a look at a specific example of the “RIPPED in 60 + 30†on the POWERTEC Levergym.
THE LIFT:

MONDAY (Chest)
Perform Four Sets for Each Exercise. Rep each set for 60 seconds and rest for 30 seconds before continuing on with the next set. Once you finish four sets for a given exercise, move on to the next and start within the 30 second rest period.

Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Chest Fly (Accessory)
Decline Bench Press
Neutral Grip Bench Press

TUESDAY (Back)
Perform Four Sets for Each Exercise. Rep each set for 60 seconds and rest for 30 seconds before continuing on with the next set. Once you finish four sets for a given exercise, move on to the next and start within the 30 second rest period.

Barbell Row
Lat Pull-down (Overhand)
Low Cable Row
Lat Pull-down (Underhand)
Straight arm Press-down (Mimicking a Dumbbell or Barbell Pullover)

WEDNESDAY (Legs)

Squat
Leg Curl
Leg Extension
Alternating Lunges
Calf Raises with Barbell Attachment

THURSDAY (Shoulders)

Shoulder Press
Upright Row (Using Barbell Attachment or Low Cable Attachment)
Single Arm Side Raises from Low Cable Point
(This is the ONE EXCEPTION to the 60 second per lift. Instead do 30 seconds left arm 30 sec. right arm 30, seconds rest and repeat so that you still get 4 sets for each side.)
Front Raises (From Low Cable Attachment)
Rear Delt Pull (Using Fly Accessory)

FRIDAY (Arms)

Preacher Curl (Accessory)
Triceps Pushdown
Barbell Style Curl
Triceps Dips (Accessory)
Low Cable Curl
Lying Triceps Extension AKA Skull Crusher from Low Pulley Position)

SATURDAY (Abs / Lower Back)

Sit-ups
Supermans
Russian Twists (With Weight Plate)
Twisting Plank
Leg Raises

Clearly neither of you have met me. I'll never not have legs. They're damn tree trunks. I actually wish they were smaller. I can only wear like 2 brands of jeans/pants.

I was squatting over 500lbs. in high school. Multiple times in the gym I'll put over 300lbs on the rack and deep squat it, just to see if I still could. Generally, I'll just work the legs during cardio. Treadmill, bike, jump rope, etc. I just like to keep them toned.

Last edited:
I was admiring a guy that came into the store last week, (no homo) he had a great back spread and bicep peaks. Clearly he was doing something right. When they got and started to walk out, I noticed his legs. I had to turn away because I couldn't hold a straight face.

upper-body-no-legs.png

I've also been blessed with legit legs that have killer calves, I still do a leg day, I tend to do more raps on leg day than any other day. Seems to help with mountain biking 10+ miles on the weekend.

There's an incredibly top heavy dude that works out at my school's gym. I'll have to see if I can get a pic of him, he's worse than either of those pictures - it's that pathetic.

I do 2 leg days per week and I have fairly large legs naturally.

Back