Another Young One

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
just about ripped a 89 hatch in half with a tree
seems the older i get the more accustomed i become to people around me going in the ground

735974284_l.jpg

lol, sorry, didn;t make it very clear

the kid died, he was only 19, didn't know him well, but its yet another friendly reminder of how short life is...

Sorry =/

When it was raining real bad on and off last week, I pulled a guy out of a tractor trailer that had to fall more than 70foot after he hit 3 cars on the opposite side of the highway, crossed the median, and decimated the guard rail to launch the tractor down a cliff. You couldn't see the end of the trailer from the road and it went straight down so I assume it was atleast a steep, steep 70ft drop before the guy stopped.

Luckily his stupid ass walked away, just was shaken. He almost hit myself and my girlfriend traveling the other direction, just trying to get back to her house - had I not been speeding, as per usual, I wouldn't be here.

The girlfriend's dad also pulled a family from Pa out of a Jeep Cherokee the other week when it was raining. He's a volunteer firefighter and a big guy so he's the one that has the pleasure of using the jaws of life. 16 year old girl died in his arms, the mother had limbs missing and told him to put her down when he tried to pull her out - she died the other night after being medivac'd, the husband was medivac'd, along with two young boys that had to have both their legs amputated on site.

That stuff hit so close to home to me after watching the trailer go over the edge. I still get the jitters about one of my childhood friends falling asleep at the wheel and passing away. I feel for you.

The girlfriend's dad also pulled a family from Pa out of a Jeep Cherokee the other week when it was raining. He's a volunteer firefighter and a big guy so he's the one that has the pleasure of using the jaws of life. 16 year old girl died in his arms, the mother had limbs missing and told him to put her down when he tried to pull her out - she died the other night after being medivac'd, the husband was medivac'd, along with two young boys that had to have both their legs amputated on site.

holy shit, i don't think i could mentally handle shit like that...

Quoted post[/post]]

holy shit, i don't think i could mentally handle shit like that...
Eh I don't want to speak poorly of the situation, but he called my girlfriend who lives 200 miles away from their house and talked to her right after it happened and seemed stirred up. He then went to his oldest daughter's college graduation.

It was the next day on the way home that I saw the tractor go over the edge and stopped the car and sprinted to help him - my girlfriend couldn't understand what I was doing. I mean her dad does that stuff all the time. I know the other week he cleaned up a ~18yr old girl that was speeding and hit a tree by them in PA.

...but one of her relatives was ribbing his son about being so young and being a volunteer firefighter, asking him what he did and my girlfriend's father - completely out of character - exploded on the relative. I felt bad for him.

I know that I wouldn't be able to handle that sort of thing. Since the accident was so horrific they offered him grief counciling - which is kind've unheard of for a volunteer firefighter - he declined it though.

p.s. Last I heard, the two boys and the husband were in critical condition and the mother was said to have passed either the next day or the day after. He wasn't so quick to find details about the mother, just what he had heard.

wow, you would have to royally screw up to have that much happen to you in a jeep. I assume it was a cherokee or something given the number of passengers. But those are pretty crash-worthy vehicles.. He must have hit something head on at a good speed.

Quoted post[/post]]
wow, you would have to royally screw up to have that much happen to you in a jeep. I assume it was a cherokee or something given the number of passengers. But those are pretty crash-worthy vehicles.. He must have hit something head on at a good speed.

Yup cherokee.

My girlfriend's grandmother said that she was told it was the 3rd time that the guy had gotten in accident in a year or something, but I think she was misinformed because I think the mother was driving. Whatever the case, it was early in the morning and they were taking the kids to school.

THose are horrid stories. I hate being on the road as much as I am driving my flatbed. 100-200 miles a day.

Wow, that'll get you jacked up for sure. I don't think I could handle stuff like that either. :blink:

I've told this story on here before, but I had a friend who, when he was something like 5 years old saw a wreck. Chick blew a red light or stop sign or somthing and went under an 18 wheeler. chopped the top of the car off, along with her head which went bouncing across the intersection. He was messed up for a little while after that. councelling and stuff.

yea accidents can definitely F you up for a while. i have been the first one at a few that i've seen. the one that i remember all the time luckily didn't have any serious injuries, but was really close to it. there is a road i drive every day about a mile from my house, and it goes from 2 lanes each way to 1 each way because it goes along a canyon. i was driving one day and right there where it narrows i hear a car hauling ass from behind. well this lady was trying to pass aroud some cars instead of just merging with the traffic. we were going about 35 and she was going atleast 60+ in the median, which was just painted on, not an actual concrete median.

well the median narrows to just a single line down the middle and this chick is hauling assand finally figures out she has nowhere to go. its either rear end a car or go head on with one. she rear ends this cherokee and sends it up onto the guard rail at the sid e of the canyon. the cherokee literally rolled a whole time on the rail then luckily fell back onto the road.

i jumped out and went to the jeep and there was just one girl inside. i got her out and luckily she was okay, jsut a couple scratches. then i went over to the civic that had rear ended her. it was totalled and the lady was unconscious. i really honestly didn't even want to help her and i let some other guy talk to her.

turns out the lady was on drugs and shit. as fucked up as it may be, for all i cared she could ahve killed herself and it wouldn't have mattered. i'm tired of seeing all these idiots be stupid on the road, and when they crash, its always the other person who gets hurt or killed.

i dunno, i drive by that spot everyday, and after liek 2 eyars atleast, the skid marks are still there, so i always can see it happening in my head

damn...that sucks man...but im with ya on people around me dying...

one of my good friends was shot in the head at a local gas station one night...

and i had another friend in a head on collision...he was driving his civic...and hit a pick up truck...i saw the civic afterwards...and there was no way anyone would have survived that wreck...

it sucks...and it makes you think about your life a lot more and that you can go at any moment...

It takes a strong person to deal with shit like that. I grew up with my kitchen window overlooking the highway. I've seen the blankets that cover dead people, and although it is somewhat disturbing, I know that I was born to handle stuff like that.

I commend the people that volunteer to help clean up accident scenes. I would do it, but there are so many volunteers in my area that just want to be full time firefighters and medics, that my help is just not needed.

You guys are just going to love this...

Okay, since some of you seemed quite interested in the story about my girlfriend's father, the volunteer fire fighter, and the horrendous accident he responded to, I have slightly more information to give.

My girlfriend's parents moved off as soon as she went off to college, so now their house is about an hour and a half from mine.

With this said, I stay up at their house on the weekends when she goes up there and so on. Since I was up there I heard a bunch about the accident.

Her dad has been very hesistant to speak of it, and we tread on eggshells talking to him about it.

Today they held a memorial for the 16 year old girl who died. Its a "gated" community type deal that they live on, on a huge lake in Pa. As I was leaving the community today, I caught a glimpse of the memorial that her father and her brother were attending. There were about 3 school buses that they bused kids from her school in on and a whole sleu of other people there attending. It looked sad, but atleast it shows how much many cared for her.

I also learned, that what my girlfriends grandmother had rumoured was half true. Apparently the guy had rolled his car twice before in the last year, and apparently he is an alcoholic.

The accident did happen at around 7:30 in the morning and no one is quite sure if the husband was drunk or not. They rain a toxicology report on the guy but my girlfriend's father didn't hear anything else.

Onto the mother. Her dad had said her heard she died the other week, but apparently she might still be in the ICU, he said she just kind've disappeared and no one really has any information on what hospital she's in or if she survived - he said that if she survived she would probably have to stay in the hospital for atleast 3 months to recover.

This information goes along with the saddening information my girlfriend heard. It was rumoured that the girl has not had a funeral yet, because her mom is still in the hospital and they didn't want to put the girl in the ground when her mom isn't there.

And one final thing, the father was driving without a license/on a suspended license.

Cliffnotes;
Husband who crashed the car, killed his 16yr old daughter, dismembered his wife and possibly killed her, and caused his two sons to lose their legs, has a past history of rolling cars.
Husband has past history of DUIs and being an alcoholic.
Mother may or may not be alive.
Girl has yet to have a funeral more than two weeks later.
Many kids and community members showed up at a memorial held for her today.
Toxicology report results haven't been made public.

Back