another zc question plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lizoyd18

i kno to many people ask about these motors all the time but i really need help i just got done pulling my old motor out of my dx and i have some questions...do i need to change the alternator belt and for the distributor,do i put my old one on it or do i need another plug and wire it.my last question is do i keep my old engine harness or do i have to get one from a si any help will be nice im trying to finish it this weekend:D

ok but for the engine harness the plugs are diffrent from the distributor to the intake manifold.the the one from my dx distributor has five wires attached and on the zc has seven what do i do????

dohc it seems like i would have to change alot of things on this motor im hella lost right now..like the pulley i dont kno if i just leave it on there or get it off my dx motor and do my smog pump have to be changed or do i just wire it..but ill look it up some how thanks for the help

My buddy just did that swap, and he bought a neat little wire adapter from hasport I think, and it made it plug and play.
IIRC, those 2 wires go to the CYP sensor(on the exhaust cam.)

I think... something like that... can't remember exactly.

He said it was only like $40-50, so it's definatly worth it.

Back