1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANSA exhaust

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by jiahanhao, Nov 16, 2003.

1. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

Anyone heard of them? Opinions? They make the OE ferrari exhausts.. so they couldn't be all bad... If it's 2.5" piping I'm thinking of getting one for my teg, they look pretty stock...

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

LS or GSR Integra? If it's an LS dont get 2.5" too big... you'll need 2.25" There's another thread on here about correct size... blah blah

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Wouldn't it also be too big for a GSR? low displacement cars already have too little torque, not enough "backpressure" kills even more torque. Unless the car is Turbo'd/etc 2.5" is generally too big for four bangers.

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Here is pretty much the rule of thumb. For a basicly stock d series, 2 in exhaust. For a basicly stock b series, 2.25. For a Really modded, internals and everything NA app, 2.5 inches. For turboed apps, 3in.

5. farcyde92si

farcyde92si Junior Member

not to nit pick sleeper but backpressure isn't what you want at all, exhaust velocity is what you want and consequently what you lose when you have a sewer pipe vs a straw. just think fluid dynamics, or a creek/stream it gets smaller it gets faster bigger is slower but if you have a 'spoon t-66' :lol: on your civic you can get away with a big pipe, but you'll need mushimoto tires of course and maybe some nawsss

6. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

No wonder my exhaust sounds like ass. Its 2.5 inches with no resonator plus w/ a header and race cat :(.

7. Juiced D16Z8

Juiced D16Z8 Junior Member

that is just one very large contradiction that you wrote. read your posts before you send them

8. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

actually, the sound of an exhaust has to do with the matting and flow channel design inside the muffler, although most performance ones are straight-thru. good sounding exhausts use fiberglas matting for a low, mellow tone. all that bigger pipes, headers, etc. will do is increase the volume.

i have a d-series engine with dc header, 2.25" pipes with a dynomax muffler and it sounds low and throaty.

9. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

i have a type r.. in japan all the piping is 2.5", so i figure the honda engineers know what they are doing.. i want the exhaust to look stock.. cuz i dig the stock look.

10. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Do you have any kind of resonator? And is your dynomax a chamber style muffler?

I've heard my style exhaust before using a 24" glass pack and it sounded good, so I'm thinking about adding one in the next couple weeks, I just need to find someone that will weld it and won't charge 70 bucks like every muffler shop in my area.

11. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I got confused when I read that too.

larger pipes for mildly modified cars will do nothing but destroy low end torque. Since small displacement cars already have crappy torque, losing what you had before doesn't do you any good.

asmallsol has it pretty much right on the head there with his rule of thumb. Although, a 2.5" pipe on a turbo application would be sufficient, it just depends on what you're doing with the car and how much boost you're running as well. ;)

12. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

So has anyone had any experience with them? And I'm definitely getting 2.5"...

13. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

100% correct :concur:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted