ANSA exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiahanhao

Anyone heard of them? Opinions? They make the OE ferrari exhausts.. so they couldn't be all bad... If it's 2.5" piping I'm thinking of getting one for my teg, they look pretty stock...

LS or GSR Integra? If it's an LS dont get 2.5" too big... you'll need 2.25" There's another thread on here about correct size... blah blah

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 16 2003, 04:37 AM
LS or GSR Integra? If it's an LS dont get 2.5" too big... you'll need 2.25" There's another thread on here about correct size... blah blah

Wouldn't it also be too big for a GSR? low displacement cars already have too little torque, not enough "backpressure" kills even more torque. Unless the car is Turbo'd/etc 2.5" is generally too big for four bangers.

Here is pretty much the rule of thumb. For a basicly stock d series, 2 in exhaust. For a basicly stock b series, 2.25. For a Really modded, internals and everything NA app, 2.5 inches. For turboed apps, 3in.

not to nit pick sleeper but backpressure isn't what you want at all, exhaust velocity is what you want and consequently what you lose when you have a sewer pipe vs a straw. just think fluid dynamics, or a creek/stream it gets smaller it gets faster bigger is slower but if you have a 'spoon t-66' :lol: on your civic you can get away with a big pipe, but you'll need mushimoto tires of course and maybe some nawsss

No wonder my exhaust sounds like ass. Its 2.5 inches with no resonator plus w/ a header and race cat :(.

Originally posted by farcyde92si@Nov 16 2003, 01:31 PM
not to nit pick sleeper but backpressure isn't what you want at all, exhaust velocity is what you want and consequently what you lose when you have a sewer pipe vs a straw. just think fluid dynamics, or a creek/stream it gets smaller it gets faster bigger is slower but if you have a 'spoon t-66' :lol: on your civic you can get away with a big pipe, but you'll need mushimoto tires of course and maybe some nawsss

that is just one very large contradiction that you wrote. read your posts before you send them

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Nov 16 2003, 01:35 PM
No wonder my exhaust sounds like ass. Its 2.5 inches with no resonator plus w/ a header and race cat :(.

actually, the sound of an exhaust has to do with the matting and flow channel design inside the muffler, although most performance ones are straight-thru. good sounding exhausts use fiberglas matting for a low, mellow tone. all that bigger pipes, headers, etc. will do is increase the volume.

i have a d-series engine with dc header, 2.25" pipes with a dynomax muffler and it sounds low and throaty.

i have a type r.. in japan all the piping is 2.5", so i figure the honda engineers know what they are doing.. i want the exhaust to look stock.. cuz i dig the stock look.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 17 2003, 03:04 AM
actually, the sound of an exhaust has to do with the matting and flow channel design inside the muffler, although most performance ones are straight-thru. good sounding exhausts use fiberglas matting for a low, mellow tone. all that bigger pipes, headers, etc. will do is increase the volume.

i have a d-series engine with dc header, 2.25" pipes with a dynomax muffler and it sounds low and throaty.

Do you have any kind of resonator? And is your dynomax a chamber style muffler?

I've heard my style exhaust before using a 24" glass pack and it sounded good, so I'm thinking about adding one in the next couple weeks, I just need to find someone that will weld it and won't charge 70 bucks like every muffler shop in my area.

Originally posted by Juiced D16Z8+Nov 17 2003, 04:19 AM-->
farcyde92si
@Nov 16 2003, 01:31 PM

that is just one very large contradiction that you wrote. read your posts before you send them

I got confused when I read that too.

larger pipes for mildly modified cars will do nothing but destroy low end torque. Since small displacement cars already have crappy torque, losing what you had before doesn't do you any good.

asmallsol has it pretty much right on the head there with his rule of thumb. Although, a 2.5" pipe on a turbo application would be sufficient, it just depends on what you're doing with the car and how much boost you're running as well. ;)

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 17 2003, 06:58 PM

larger pipes for mildly modified cars will do nothing but destroy low end torque. Since small displacement cars already have crappy torque, losing what you had before doesn't do you any good.

100% correct :concur:

Back