Answer me this question about a Uhaul car dolly

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh, I know some companys give a flat daily rate unlimited miles, at least they do up here. Might be worth checking into. Maybe the small rental companys have something like that.
Yea, I thought about that. I'll hit the yellow pages when I'm back at school. I'm home at the moment. I also still am going to look into getting a tow dolly from else where. If Ford says their shit can tow it, I'm sure it can take one 270 mile trip without falling apart. I have some options at the moment, I just need to be home to do it.

hey, if you're comin up for that CRX, gimme a call - we'll do lunch.

Also, I have two more CRXs for you check out ... $400 for both. (they aren't mine)

hey, if you're comin up for that CRX, gimme a call - we'll do lunch.

Also, I have two more CRXs for you check out ... $400 for both. (they aren't mine)
Hey, why not. What year are the Rexs? Not that I really have the cash for them at the moment.

Cash is one thing, I doubt your truck can tow back 3 dollies with cars on them :)

They are 91 DXs. One has some really good parts, and runs but has a fuxored transmission, and no title. the other has a clean title but head issues (snapped cam as I understand it). The black one has rusty rear quarters, and the red is decent. Good interiors, decent body panels. You can see them anytime, they'll be around for a while.

Also, the kid I bought my GPZ from has a pile of CRXs behind his house, but he's shady.

I'm just off of Rt 8, and I'm about 45 minutes before Torrington. (which is at the top of Rt 8)

Cash is one thing, I doubt your truck can tow back 3 dollies with cars on them :)

They are 91 DXs. One has some really good parts, and runs but has a fuxored transmission, and no title. the other has a clean title but head issues (snapped cam as I understand it). The black one has rusty rear quarters, and the red is decent. Good interiors, decent body panels. You can see them anytime, they'll be around for a while.

Also, the kid I bought my GPZ from has a pile of CRXs behind his house, but he's shady.

I'm just off of Rt 8, and I'm about 45 minutes before Torrington. (which is at the top of Rt 8)
My non-existent truck? Yea probably cant. If I had the extra cash I would have a Grand Wagoneer for the simple purpose of towing. And I would LOVE 3 CRXs for 500 bucks. One for the track, one for DD, and one to fix and sell to cover the initial investment. Haha, now I have ideas running through my head. I need to stop thinking about this.

Speaking of vehicles with no titles, how hard is it to re-title a vehicle in CT? I could guess that you have some experience in this.

Last edited:
I actually do have lots of experience in this matter:

If the car is older than 10 years now, it needs no title. All vehicles need a bill of sale - But that can be handwritten on a napkin. DMV doesn't care - as long as there is a seller signature on it, the VIN and the MILEAGE (and it's gotta be exact... I just make sure to never end the mileage in two 0's... Because they always give me shit and then ask for a mileage verification, which requires a visit to the DMV on the back of a FLATBED)

If the car is coming from out of state, regardless of it's age, needs inspection or VIN verification. If it's a kit car or has a salvage title, it needs a full inspection (Which can take all day). They recertify it for road use, paying close attention to the reason of the salvage title and making sure that the replacement parts are OEM (Receipts from Advance Auto don't count, has to be dealer slips). This is why my work with the Brat turned me out bust - I had to have a new quarter panel FROM subaru, for a 1985 Subaru Brat. Yeah right.

doing an ABA isn't a problem if you buy from a business (Who are the only people that can get ABA paperwork). You can't do an abandoned vehicle report from a private sale. ABA vehicles are not inspected unless from out of state, and then it's only a VIN Verification. A VIN Verification is merely showing up for the official to compare your VIN plates with their records. They will usually give you a registration plate for you to drive it down. I've had the ability to use my repair plates to do it, but those are expired now and I had to bring them back.

DMV law in CT changes ALL The time, but now DMV has nothing to do with Emissions - so they will NOT require an emissions report at the time of DMV business. Emissions now has to be carried in your glovebox in CT.

i towed a CRX from north NJ to MD with a '97 blazer v6.
i towed a CRX from MD to VA and back with a '03 chevy astrovan. also v6.

youll be fine.

In the process of trying to find a tow dolly for the Explorer I found out a friend of a friend has a truck and tow dolly and will most likely work for beer money. I don't want to jinx it but I would say PROJECT: ResurREX is on...

Back