Antenna

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

Well, my car used to get parked under a deck when I was at school. When being backed in one time, the antenna caught the deck and snapped off. Now it needs to be replaced.

1.) I thought about buying satellite Radio.
2.) Are there any smaller (internal, or other) antennas that anyone has used that work exceptionally well? I really don't like the long shittly OEM one.

Anything?

are you asking about antennas for satelite or regular radio????

Why not get an antenna shaving kit, and just shave it, and put the new antenna inside there. Thats way everything looks sleek and you wont have any problems with your antenna!

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2004, 01:47 PM
Well, my car used to get parked under a deck when I was at school. When being backed in one time, the antenna caught the deck and snapped off. Now it needs to be replaced.

1.) I thought about buying satellite Radio.
2.) Are there any smaller (internal, or other) antennas that anyone has used that work exceptionally well? I really don't like the long shittly OEM one.

Anything?

Satellite is good. Whenever I actually have money and my car at the same time, I'll finally pick up an XM receiver and install it. I still want my regular radio though.

Smaller internal antennas- I think that Fuba is the company that makes the good internal windshield stick-on antennas. I think they're about $40 or so from the last time I looked, so it's really not that bad. Do some research. I need to get one. The whip antenna really bugs the crap out of me.

Whatever you do, don't shave the hole and use a stock antenna in the A pillar. You won't get any reception that's worth a damn.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2004, 01:47 PM
you do, don't shave the hole and use a stock antenna in the A pillar. You won't get any reception that's worth a damn.

I didnt mean keep the original antenna, buy a new one, one of the better reception ones.

Originally posted by shaddr3+Apr 6 2004, 03:06 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Apr 6 2004, 01:47 PM
you do, don't shave the hole and use a stock antenna in the A pillar.  You won't get any reception that's worth a damn.

I didnt mean keep the original antenna, buy a new one, one of the better reception ones.

I said that, not liquid. Edit quotes correctly! :)

HA- did you find the Fuba antennas? I need to get one for myself.

I used some conductive paint, to paint a ring about 4mm wide around the front window. Then a rear window defogger mounting tab soldered to a factory radio cable it worked great until the wind got shattered in about 20 places so really need to redo it now.

I'm having a tough time finding the window mount antennas for some reason.... All I can find by Fuba is shorter black ones, which are still better than the huge metal OEM one. And they are only like 20 bucks.

Back