Anti- Bush

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Feb 4 2004, 04:28 PM
Based on current estimates, Iraq’s oil reserves stand at about 115 billion barrels, equivalent to the total oil reserves of the US, Canada, Mexico, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, China and the whole of Asia.

Weapons of mass destruction my ass.

Well, maybe the nukes are IN the oil!! We'd better pump it all out to check and be sure... :ph34r:

Seriously though, :worthy: . Exactly what I've been trying to say, only better worded and better researched. :) I don't agree that it's ALL about the oil, but it sure does seem to be a major factor.

Sabz5150 that's great detective work, you have deducted that some of the most powerful and influential people in the world have an interest in the most money making business on the planet, wow. Why can't you realize that the situation is a LOT more convoluted than your narrow minded need for there to be a rich, powerful bad guy at the center of everything? Go back and read some recent history, try 74-93ish.

I swear, people can come up with some great theories about things, single bullets, twin towers and black helicopters oh my.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 4 2004, 05:40 PM
Sabz5150 that's great detective work, you have deducted that some of the most powerful and influential people in the world have an interest in the most money making business on the planet, wow. Why can't you realize that the situation is a LOT more convoluted than your narrow minded need for there to be a rich, powerful bad guy at the center of everything? Go back and read some recent history, try 74-93ish.

I swear, people can come up with some great theories about things, single bullets, twin towers and black helicopters oh my.

And why can't you realize that this is not about making the world a safer place? Invasions and occupations aren't about helping the people. You can research that through history since... well... all of history.

I have no problem with powerful people having their hands in lots of cookie jars, however when they start lying to the people and using a nation's military to get their way, that's when I have a problem. Look that up in history under "Hitler".

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Feb 5 2004, 12:57 AM

And why can't you realize that this is not about making the world a safer place? Invasions and occupations aren't about helping the people. You can research that through history since... well... all of history.

I have no problem with powerful people having their hands in lots of cookie jars, however when they start lying to the people and using a nation's military to get their way, that's when I have a problem. Look that up in history under "Hitler".

Ok, let me explain what I am saying about the whole hating Bush/war for oil thing...till you can show us the direct deposit slips, for the billions Bush is making off this war, then EVERY person who has something to gain is equally at fault, from the CEO's of oil companies, and gas refineries, to the Jones pumping petrol into their 15 kid SUV, and even me and my ub3r 1337 hatchback. You people make it sound like there is a pipeline to his wealth, and the oil is just flowing right into it.

I used to be a hardcore anti government kind of guy, was an a hardcore band preaching about the evils of the fatcats in Washington, and the evil that they spewed upon the world. But after years and years of preaching through music that was played using electricity (another grand scam and evil) while touring yelling about pollution (in a gas guzzeling Suburban or van), I realized something, human nature is to blame. No matter what you do, say, think, or feel, the Jones are still going to pump gas into their SUV, the girl next door is still going to get pregnant and drop out of high school and become a crackhead, the Jews and the Palistinians are still going to hate each other, Britian is not going to give up Ireland, and there is going to be war for profit. Sorry guy, sucks, but if you sit around letting it consume you, you're wasting your time.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 4 2004, 11:49 PM-->
@Feb 5 2004, 12:57 AM

Ok, let me explain what I am saying about the whole hating Bush/war for oil thing...till you can show us the direct deposit slips, for the billions Bush is making off this war, then EVERY person who has something to gain is equally at fault, from the CEO's of oil companies, and gas refineries, to the Jones pumping petrol into their 15 kid SUV, and even me and my ub3r 1337 hatchback. You people make it sound like there is a pipeline to his wealth, and the oil is just flowing right into it.

I used to be a hardcore anti government kind of guy, was an a hardcore band preaching about the evils of the fatcats in Washington, and the evil that they spewed upon the world. But after years and years of preaching through music that was played using electricity (another grand scam and evil) while touring yelling about pollution (in a gas guzzeling Suburban or van), I realized something, human nature is to blame. No matter what you do, say, think, or feel, the Jones are still going to pump gas into their SUV, the girl next door is still going to get pregnant and drop out of high school and become a crackhead, the Jews and the Palistinians are still going to hate each other, Britian is not going to give up Ireland, and there is going to be war for profit. Sorry guy, sucks, but if you sit around letting it consume you, you're wasting your time.

By saying that, are you admitting that this just might have been a war for oil? Show me some WMDs that pose a threat to America and I'll believe otherwise, personally.

I'm as guilty as the next person when I pump 93 octane in my car. We're dependant on oil, it makes this nation move. No doubts about that. However, killing for a resource... ANY resource, be it oil, land, gold, JDM parts, whatever... is wrong. The fact that it will always exist doesn't make it any less wrong. Murders happen every day, does that mean we should ignore the problem? Does that make it any less wrong than if we only had one murder? The fact that people sit back and do nothing is what makes it such a problem. If nobody stands up and brings about change, then we'll constantly be in the same shithole. If Ken Lay and the rest of the Enron cronies were put in federal prison for one day per every dollar they stole, you can bet your ass that CEOs and corporate execs would think a bit harder about screwing their shareholders and employees out of money.

People just don't care anymore. That is what's wrong with this country.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Feb 5 2004, 06:49 AM
By saying that, are you admitting that this just might have been a war for oil? Show me some WMDs that pose a threat to America and I'll believe otherwise, personally.

I'm as guilty as the next person when I pump 93 octane in my car. We're dependant on oil, it makes this nation move. No doubts about that. However, killing for a resource... ANY resource, be it oil, land, gold, JDM parts, whatever... is wrong. The fact that it will always exist doesn't make it any less wrong. Murders happen every day, does that mean we should ignore the problem? Does that make it any less wrong than if we only had one murder? The fact that people sit back and do nothing is what makes it such a problem. If nobody stands up and brings about change, then we'll constantly be in the same shithole. If Ken Lay and the rest of the Enron cronies were put in federal prison for one day per every dollar they stole, you can bet your ass that CEOs and corporate execs would think a bit harder about screwing their shareholders and employees out of money.

People just don't care anymore. That is what's wrong with this country.

I have never said it was about WMD, never. To me the war more than oil rights, more than junior doing daddies bidding. The Middle East ha been a thorn in the worlds side for decades, and in the past our shady dealings have led us down a road that there really is no clear cut way to fix. Politics in this area are a whores bed and everyone is in it. The US government put Saddam in power, and they took him out (for whatever reason), that's the point, and now trying to bring an era of change to the region, is it going to work? Remains to be seen. WMD was a trojan Horse that helped get us in the door. But the fact is, even if we had found warehouses and warehouses of nukes, there are people like you, that would have said we planted them, and had some other agenda, like oil. It's funny how when you have no idea, you always come back to the same tired excuses for your beliefs. No amount of your ranting and raving is going to convince anyone with half a brain that you're right, or that it is all a big conspiracy, and the government flew the planes into the Twin Towers to get the home fires boiling for blood, so that George could waltz in a pocket billions in cash for the oil he was going to rape from the land.

Yes murder happens everyday, is blaming someone else for it going to stop it? no, what is? making peoples lives better? Getting alcohol and drugs out of the ghetto? no. People have to step up and take responsibility for their OWN ACTIONS, everyone has a choice, and it has been proven time, and time again. It tears me up to hear about some crackhead cooking his baby in a microwave, or women and children getting slaughtered and mutilated in Africa over land for diamond mines. Humanity has to chane, not America. Not George Bush, but you and me, and all the people on the planet, till then sharpen your fangs because the blood is flowing.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 5 2004, 02:13 AM
People have to step up and take responsibility for their OWN ACTIONS

but in this case, im going to step up and put an end to this thread.

it was supposed to be about a funny flash movie... not yet another political debate turned personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back