Anti-honda Site...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Apr 18 2003, 01:09 AM
domeskilla, are you sure about that vette? im pretty sure there isnt a vette on the road making 30 mpg, let alone a car running 8's. if you find a link about it, post it so's i can check it out. i would really like to see an economy bred american sports car packin a v8. if youre right about that, it would kick my ass.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/chevrolet/...v..8.Chevrolet*

Let's see... the Z06 gets 19/28 in stock form. When you're running a turbo setup, you don't use extra fuel unless you're boosting. When you're not on boost, your engine basically acts like a non-turbo engine. On the plus side, if you're boosting just a little bit, you're actually a little more fuel efficient than a non-turbo version of the same engine. The turbos throw a little bit of extra air into your engine, making your efficiency go up a little. Just driving mildly around town boosting about 1-2 psi will get you some nice gas mileage. With the engine tuned more precisely (engines typically run a little rich from the factory) and boosting just a tad, I don't see why 30mpg wouldn't be possible in a crazy boosted V8 setup, especially if you're not ragging on it.

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Apr 18 2003, 01:09 AM
domeskilla, are you sure about that vette? im pretty sure there isnt a vette on the road making 30 mpg, let alone a car running 8's. if you find a link about it, post it so's i can check it out. i would really like to see an economy bred american sports car packin a v8. if youre right about that, it would kick my ass.

Goto www.lingenfelter.com and click on the link for the 8.95 pass, since i have deleted quicktime, i can't view it, but im almost 100% positive it says before the run, the annoucer says "Check this out, blah blah, he averaged 30 miles per gallon. Take it to the track and drive it home".. if not, its the low 10 second one, i got them confused, but i'm sure its the 8.95 run. John is also responsible for a 10 second AWD 427 cubic inch twin turboed GMC Sonoma (its not mentioned on the site, but click here http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddrive...llenge_15th.xml for pics and run down. Also has a TT Caddy EXT that runs low 12's with 20" rims on it.

If anyone (not targeted to you) doesn't know who John Lingenfelter is, please put down your tools and find another hobby.. imo :ph34r:

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 14 2003, 08:46 PM
Stock for stock of course a honda won't beat a mustang.
Ignorant dumasses who try to start that argument w/ me get bitch slaped everytime. Honda's are made for economy, reliability, and low ass cost, not performance.
I've seen more 200k+ hondas/acuras than any other make of car put together.

no not all hondas. just the civic is for economy. you have other hondas; integra, newer integra(rsx), which are known as the best ff handling cars. honda is also trying luxury, with acura here in america with the new tsx coming out and the new accord. dont forget the NSX, one of the best performance cars in the world.

Any car will do just about anything if you bulid it for that purpose, a honda can run 10's a muscle car can pull 1g on a skidpad. Some cars are just better suited to do certain things from the factory, which means that it will be cheaper to to improve upon those abilities. Saying a car sucks just because it is a domestic or because it only has a 4 cyl is ingnorant plain and simple.

I think the guy spent to much time at home while his "wonderful" American POS was in the shop and everyone else was driving thier Honda's that he wasted the time to create that site. I'm not really a hater of any cars (except Mitsibishi). My first car was a 1971 Olds 442 with a 455. It was rated a 370 crank horses. But i got into the import scene about 1 1/2 years ago and now I have a 94 Sol. It's just senseless to bash someone's pride and joy becase it's notwhat ou drive....

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 13 2003, 10:45 PM
I think he used to get pick on,or beat up by someone who drove a Honda.

he's about to, he he he

Back