anti theft code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ccmntw

hi i got a 98 prelude and i left my lights on and the battery died so wen i jumped it the stereo said code. so i took out the stereo got the serial and called honmda and got a code. then i just unplugged the stereo and and plugged it back in to reset it and entered in the code. But the code dont work. i called several different dealers and they all give me the same code. maybe do i have to disconnect the battery to reset it? also in the ashtray there is a 8 digit number and another 5 digit number so i tried the 5 digit but that code didnt work. since the code they gave me dont work theres nothin i can do?

I also have this problem, but the previous owner of the car took off the sticker, there are traces of it left. I found the serial number, but everywhere I call says I have to bring in the car. Great.

i work at a stereo shop and this happens all the time. all we do it call Honda and speak with the parts department and give them the serial number then they give us the code. i call a dealer in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. if that matters

I looked in my glove box and the code was there on the inside top. I had to reset my radio by pulling the fuse. Then I entered my code
FOUND BY GOOGLE

I went to three dealerships in our area and two said they don't have the code and a third one wants to charge $25 to retrieve it. Must be nice to have a dealership that doesn't charge you for every single little thing.

Back