Antifreeze coming out of the tailpipe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Timing? I did have to fix one of my injectors tonight...the top seal was jacked and coming apart. Still wasn't the fix.

I did just replace the head...there were spark plugs in there and i didn't change them...was thinking I should replace the plugs...The weird thing is it happens when the RPM get up there. Seems the speed/torq is not there either...this car used to get up and go.

its kinda a hard problem because it could be so many things so you got to start somewere

i know in my 95 accord vtec, when i did the motor swap the vtec wasnt connected, in the top end she was hurting, spitting and nnever making it to 6000 rpm, also the 2 vaccumm lines comng from the front right of the intake manifold , those can be crossed and cause a problem that your describing, check all vaccumm lines using a diagram for your car. even though a check light will be on if the vtec was not connected or defective.

if the car starts right up and idles , and you can rev the shit of it , but only when your driving it makes a difference . and your not going anywhere , its most lieky a vaccumm or something with the firing . but its not sounding like you have a firing problem.

The old one was a VTEC and the new one is a VTEC...where is this connection you're talking about..."VTEC" connection???

as long as you connected all the wires under the hood you'll be fine. my little CRX was doing the sputtering thing when i got on it too... the thing that fixed it was a new distributor cap and a new rotor. there was a hole worn into my rotor and it wasn't firing hot enough. replace those and then check back.

im not sure you can start it up and move it back and forth and hear for when it sounds the best

Question. If you fix the problem that caused the check engine light to come on, do you have to clear it after you fix the problem, or will it go off by itself?

When I put it back on, it wouldn't go in...when I looked at the distributor I had to rotate it so it would go back in. I think it only goes in one way...thoughts???

it should fix it by its self but its always best to reset the ecu to make sure

Back