Antifreeze In My Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

b18vtecrx

i NEED to know if it's OK to run T off my radiator hosing to my turbo? does it matter if there is antifreeze in it??? or would that just make it run colder? please tell me anything you might have an opinion on i posted this same topic in the forced induction forum but nobody replied so please help me out as much as you can...... :spin:

I'd never considered doing this, but my first response would have to be. DEAR LORD NO! Antifreeze is SO not good for oil or most any part of your car that comes in contact with oil. Thats why (at least 1 of numerous reasons) you need to watch you dont internally blow your headgasket. Antifreeze mixes with oil and ruins bearings and what nots.. Also, a turbo may run with antifreeze in it (MAY RUN) but i predict horrible problems sooner or later (sooner). Antifreeze is not an ideal lubricant for a turbocharger, oil is, I'm gonna stick with oil. If your turbo is getting that hot, you might want to consider checking your fuel map, oil type/weight, or maybe you've reached the point where your turbo has lost its efficiency and is attmpting to much boost. I'm sure someone out there has come up with a radiator linked cooling system for turbos, but i would be wary.

Good Luck

Rob

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back