1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antifreeze In My Turbo?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by b18vtecrx, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

OK ...the first time i posted it a guy didn't realize that the turbo i am using is water and oil cooled and the second thing is a guy replied with post in the "right forum" now this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum for that guys info now this time dont lock my dam thread ......so heres my question i need to know (for the water cooled section of the turbo) is it ok to T off one of my radiator hoses and run that to the water cooled sectoin of my turbo??? or does it HAVE to be ONLY water???? please let me know..thnx again guys :worthy:

2. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

I think for water cooled you pump the same antifreeze mixture your car uses through it. I know for a fact your not supposed to have just water, your never supposed to have just water in an engine. But I'm not sure how the setup works, so don't hold my word as law.

3. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

thnx man but i need somebody who is sure about it.... but i need to know asap im at this point in my turbo setup so somebody who KNOWS please reply and let me know thnx ...peace

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The reason is because there is a section for turbo related talk,and this is not it.

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

We'll just leave it here if he's gonna get all butt-hurt about it. It just won't get as many replies, since some people are only interested in the tech-related forums.

6. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

Rule of thumb, if you are a dick, fuck you and you wont get help.

How is antifreeze going to lube the turbo? it wont.. .hello and welcome to COMMON SENCE!

7. heterosapian

heterosapian Senior Member

Its not going to be just water, its the coolant youre running through the engine. The turbo doesnt get a seperate coolant sourse. Turbos get really fuckin hot and water boils. Not to sound like a dick but you sound like you need to just buy a turbo "kit" and follow the instructions. (or just think read other posts and use common sense)

8. turbinedzc

turbinedzc Member

The coolant that is in your car will also run through the coolant lines in the turbo. The oil line is not for cooling, it is for lubricating the shaft and if equipped, ball bearing in the turbo.

9. fwdboostn

fwdboostn Junior Member

Rule of thumb, if you're a moron, don't reply to a post you know nothing about...Sorry about the rude first post but you shouldn't be calling him a dick, then give him incorrect information....

The coolant is there to cool down the center section of the turbo (100k rpm can get quite hot) while the oil lubricates it. And yes it's okay to tap into one of your coolant lines for the coolant source....

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

fuck you for being rude to my staff.
    fuck your question and your turbo problems for being a dick.

:locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.