Antifreeze In My Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

b18vtecrx

OK ...the first time i posted it a guy didn't realize that the turbo i am using is water and oil cooled and the second thing is a guy replied with post in the "right forum" now this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum for that guys info now this time dont lock my dam thread ......so heres my question i need to know (for the water cooled section of the turbo) is it ok to T off one of my radiator hoses and run that to the water cooled sectoin of my turbo??? or does it HAVE to be ONLY water???? please let me know..thnx again guys :worthy:

I think for water cooled you pump the same antifreeze mixture your car uses through it. I know for a fact your not supposed to have just water, your never supposed to have just water in an engine. But I'm not sure how the setup works, so don't hold my word as law.

thnx man but i need somebody who is sure about it.... but i need to know asap im at this point in my turbo setup so somebody who KNOWS please reply and let me know thnx ...peace

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Apr 1 2003, 09:11 PM
... the second thing is a guy replied with post in the "right forum" now this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum for that guys info now this time dont lock my dam thread ......

The reason is because there is a section for turbo related talk,and this is not it.

We'll just leave it here if he's gonna get all butt-hurt about it. It just won't get as many replies, since some people are only interested in the tech-related forums.

Rule of thumb, if you are a dick, fuck you and you wont get help.

How is antifreeze going to lube the turbo? it wont.. .hello and welcome to COMMON SENCE!

Its not going to be just water, its the coolant youre running through the engine. The turbo doesnt get a seperate coolant sourse. Turbos get really fuckin hot and water boils. Not to sound like a dick but you sound like you need to just buy a turbo "kit" and follow the instructions. (or just think read other posts and use common sense)

The coolant that is in your car will also run through the coolant lines in the turbo. The oil line is not for cooling, it is for lubricating the shaft and if equipped, ball bearing in the turbo.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 1 2003, 06:38 PM
Rule of thumb, if you are a dick, fuck you and you wont get help.

How is antifreeze going to lube the turbo? it wont.. .hello and welcome to COMMON SENCE!

Rule of thumb, if you're a moron, don't reply to a post you know nothing about...Sorry about the rude first post but you shouldn't be calling him a dick, then give him incorrect information....

The coolant is there to cool down the center section of the turbo (100k rpm can get quite hot) while the oil lubricates it. And yes it's okay to tap into one of your coolant lines for the coolant source....

fuck you for being rude to my staff.
fuck your question and your turbo problems for being a dick.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back