antifreeze

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

critchy88

ok i dont need help here but did any of you guys ever run really low and antifreeze? mine did today i dunno where it went to but i was down about a 5/8 of a gallon luckily i caght it b4 i did any damage....but my car was acting all freeky she wouldnt idle temp went up madly fast and when i shut her off fan would stay goin....i geuss the car does this all on her own in an attemp to cool off...bu thing is shes not leakin now i filled her up ealier and stopped on dry pavement reved her up shut of and started again and here was nuttin on the road...just woulderin if this happened to anyone ese....o yeah and i didnt check coolant b4 dat cause the temp hand always stayed bout 1/4 no matter what so i just geussed she was good...stupid me:confused: i ust dont no where the antifreeze went unless it was really low all along and just got to the super low point today

if your low on antifrezze or leaking pressure. then you will overheat. U never said anything about over heating ???

yeah i said that i caught her b4 i did any damage i ment that i noticed the temp hand goin cazy so i just shut the car off for a while and let her get down...but when i started her 10 mins later she was perfectly normal..she was acting strange like that tho..i just lookin in the driveway that time and theres no antifreeze on the ground....but she didnt overheat i shut her off b4 that

i have 93 accord and sometimes it starts to overheat if stuck in traffic don't know why exactly, but i assume it's electrical cause the fan won't come on. most of the time it works fine this happens only 2 time a yr or so. how is the fan on yours? what were the driving conditions?

i got the dual fans and both work...well im 100% positve that one works but it was only bout 14 degreeses here das celcuis..and i wasnt in traffic...just the car was down almost a gallon she only take little more than a gallon haha...she wouldnt work rite but when i filled her up she was normal just wonderin if this commanly happens or not

well if your low on anitfreeze. It had to fall out somewhere. Have you let it idle in the driveway and see if it is coming out when the car is running or cut off. It has to be leaking from somewhere. How long ago was antifreeze put in there before this problwm occured

well thast the thing the missy i got it off..well i dont think she ever put any in..i didnt cause i thought it was fine cause temp was always good...so geuss shes been low for a long time just now gettin to the dangerous low point

the rad actully wasnt leakin at the time ..well the overflow bottle was a crack in it and she boiled over on me one time so i geuss thast whrre most of the fluid went...so i fixed that and eveything was fine till last nite when the rubber seal on bottom of the rad decided to bust...leavein a nice trail of antifreeze in the mcdon alds parkin lot lol...new one tomorrow

the rubber seal came out through it and i lost al my anifreeze in bout 45 seconds ...lol so id say it was fast very fast indeed..ill try and take a pic of it when i remove it...

Sure post some pics. I have never heard nor seen the seal just giving out like that. Hell my radiator is orginal from the car and its a 95 too ,

Now I am going to be looking at the bottom of the radiator now . Damn another place shit can leak from . lol

i got a good enuf look at it to see what happened...on bottem(same as top) there a a metal clamp with wat look like teeth that hold the plastic top and bottom pieced to the actual rad..well mine is all rusy and the clamo let go and the seal popped out lol i no it sounds funny but das wat happened...u take out the mounts on top and lok down the front u can pretty well see if its all rusty or not mine is not fit lol all rust...das wat i get for livein by thge atlantic and there bein salt on the roads all inter long:p

oh I thought there was a pic

I know what clips your talking about ..... Yeah salt on the roads are BAD UMMMKAYYY . I bought a car from New york . The whole fuckin thing was a rust bucket . Ran like a champ . Just ugly as hell . lol

Back